Sign in to follow this  
Azelkaholic2017

18B Rut

Just got back from 18B... maaaane was it cold!. Had a great time. Got on a herd of deer early in the morning. A nice fork pushing does like crazy on a hill. But could only get with in 80yards before getting busted by his ladies. Got back on the same herd just over the next Hill. But not enough cover to get a good stalk going. All and all it was a great time trying to fill the last bit of hope I had on getting my tag on some meat to fill the freezer. But oh well, that's huntin! Looking forward to getting back at it in 2019! Happy huntin. 

I was in a unit close to 18b Saturday found lots of deer. Daughter got a spike. Found herds with only does and another her with 12 does and 3 bucks. The herd with the bucks must of had a couple does coming into estrus it's just starting to get good and will get better by the day. Good luck stay persistent. I have found that a fawn call works pretty good. If the doe in estrus come to look for the fawn the buck that is following her will come in close enough behind her to give you a good shot.

Thanks for the info beaton.yea the herd I seen had about 5does and a small little fawn. With that 2point with his nose all over them. He didnt even care that I was there. But those lookout does definitely keep an eye out for him. If they get some snow up there could get really good.