Sign in to follow this  
Ed67

Baja East Cape

Update: We flew down on Monday and took a shuttle to the hotel. We met the captain out front of the hotel Tuesday morning, boarded and headed out to buy some bait. Afterwards we headed south past the lighthouse to troll some live cabalito for tuna. 

My son in law had the first hookup on a good sized yellowfin tuna and fought it for around 30 minutes. He finally got it close to the boat and unfortunately an 8’ mako shark decided he wanted it more. (Numerous sharks in the area)

Second hookup was my son  using live bait on a dorado  which only lasted around 5 minutes before it escaped.

Lastly was a nice blue marlin that I hooked and fought for 30 minutes or so before it escaped.

Day 2, the cabalito live bait were in short supply so we picked up a few along with some frozen squid. We headed south to the same area and immediately got into some tuna. 

First hookup was my son in law on the largest tuna of the day using live bait and 30 lb line. He fought it for around 20 min before getting it in the boat. 58.8 lbs. 

Second hookup was mine on squid and lasted 5 minutes or so. 25 lb yellowfin.

Lastly was my son using squid in a 26 lb yellowfin. 

We had a great time fishing down there and will go again. Los Barriles Sportfishing and Captain Carlos were  awesome  and the super panga was fine. The water was rough on day 1 but great day 2. We ended up at the Playa Del Sol hotel which had  decent rooms and a good restaurant. 

0BE3CA46-F759-4B3A-8B92-EB74BD14119C.jpeg

D9328DB0-C75F-4DA3-AF46-2FB5CF778C11.jpeg

B5872E8E-ABC2-4080-B403-A8BE48D74E69.jpeg

• Like 5

No we took all of it to the processor where it was cut, frozen and vacuum sealed for the flight  

• Like 2