Sign in to follow this  
AFB

36b/ Supori Ranch sold!

I read in the paper AZ Star, They sold Supori Ranch to some land developers? they want to break it up to 36-40 acre parcels, in a few years from what the paper was saying.

How would this affect hunting quality of the 36b, population of Coues/Mule deer/wildlife etc. I grew up hunting in this area since i was a kid :unsure: what's next?

it's only 550 deeded acres the rest was leased grazing (that was and is still open to hunting). i think with less cattle in there the forage will improve meaning more deer in the short term. they are not planning on developing for a few years any how. there are some conservation groups trying to purchase the ranch so we will see. i wouldn't lose any sleep over it as we could never hunt on the deeded ranch property any how.

Edited by the breeze

Not only that, but Sopori had a habit of locking gates so you had to do an end run to get to certain parts of their leased land. It should still be wide open for hunting but with the deeded stuff going to a bunch of different land owners, access to the leased stuff will still be the ned around thing. Maybe Arivaca Ranch will pickup those leases. They share some of the same wells and the guy who bought the Arivaca Ranch a few years ago seems to me to be a pretty good guy. Time will tell for this area.

Trufletch