Sign in to follow this  
coueselk

Photos from Congo

Hello all,

Here are a few photos I have taken the past few weeks. Family and I are getting along pretty well over here in the Congo. Really didn't even miss hunting season too bad.

Anyway, here are some photos of our house we are still waiting for contractors to finish.

post-19-1206129998_thumb.jpg

post-19-1206130024_thumb.jpg

This is looking off the veranda.

post-19-1206130149_thumb.jpg

Here is my daughter Alex standing next to our banana trees. Boy the bananas here put any we had in the States to shame. They are way better right off the tree.

post-19-1206130177_thumb.jpg

Here is a pic of our new German Shepherd guard dog, Jabari, we got from South Africa.

post-19-1206130385_thumb.jpg

My son Chase and Jabari.

post-19-1206130311_thumb.jpg

This is what I do on the weekends. Your looking at the number 4 green. Yes, we have a nice 18 hole golf course in the Congo.

post-19-1206129949.jpg

Now at last, this picture was taken last Sunday while walking from #8 green to the #9 tee box on the golf course. My first sighting of a snake over the last 5 months. Around an 8ft cobra. It didn't stick around too good and I didn't think my golf clubs where long enough to try and give chase.

post-19-1206129905_thumb.jpg

This is about all the pics I have taken. I have taken a few of flowers and trees, but nothing around the city yet. It really isn't allowed, as some of the Congolese still think that taking pictures is spying.

Hope you all enjoy.

Great to hear you guys are doing well out there Danny. My hubby was just asking me the other day if I had heard anything from you. Nice pics. Your house looks great! Say hi to the family for me!

Amanda