Sign in to follow this  
mattys281

2008 CouesWhitetail Blacktail Smackdown.

The draw gods did not smile on my bull elk application, hence firming my California plans.

Figured I'd share all the info I've got so far for those of you who expressed interest:

Ca non-res license: $134.95

Deer tag(s): $228.65 (allowed 2)

Bear tag(s): $229.50

Season opens Aug 16, 2008 which is a Saturday.

I'm leaving on Thursday morning & planning on driving straight through to reach the Trinity alps sometime that night or early the next morning.

Friday is for hiking in during the morning & starting to glass in the evening. The following Saturday (8/23) I'm hiking out & aiming to be home sometime Sunday night.

If any of you guys are still interested, I'd love to have someone to split gas with, especially considering what it's going for in Ca. these days. OUCH!

Matt S.

That would have been perfect for me but that is the first week of school then its off to antelope and elk hunts so I am going to have to pass this year.

Good luck on the hunt Matt I know you will have a good time.

Matt.....you're gonna have a great time in the Trinity's, lots of bears and a chance at some smoker blacktails. I'll be headin' in that Friday as well and staying for 5-7 days. Might see ya on the trail.

Matt.....you're gonna have a great time in the Trinity's, lots of bears and a chance at some smoker blacktails. I'll be headin' in that Friday as well and staying for 5-7 days. Might see ya on the trail.

Cool. I'm sure I'll be able to recognize you by the P&Y monster you'll be dragging down the mountain. ;)

Cool. I'm sure I'll be able to recognize you by the P&Y monster you'll be dragging down the mountain.

I can only hope, but i'm not coming out till something's dead! There was a whicked storms last year on the second day of the season in the high country, don't forget your rain gear.

Rain gear & bivy. Got the cabelas ultra-light rain gear that stuffs into its own pocket. Check!