During the "saturation patrols" have any of the "employers" been nabbed? Last I remember Az voters made it a "crime" to knowingly hire illegal aliens and pulls the business licenses of those which do so, the so called business death sentence. The law has withstood the attacks of several lawsuits and upheld by a federal judge most recently. I would use the same rational, if one is busted in a whorehouse crib; you cannot claim ignorance of not knowing that prostitution was going on all around you. There is only one reason to go the red-light district and that's to pay for sex. Just like if you drive by a known pick up spot for illegal day labors and pick up an illegal alien take them to a job site, are you not guilty of transporting illeagal aliens? Cut off the the supply of money and "criminal activity" will cease. I think it's total BS that the people doing the illegal hiring aren't getting dinged or at least I'm not hearing about them getting nabbed as well. Until the law is equally applied I reserve judgement on these "antics". <_<

+1, Dude.... +1 ;)

During the "saturation patrols" have any of the "employers" been nabbed? Last I remember Az voters made it a "crime" to knowingly hire illegal aliens and pulls the business licenses of those which do so, the so called business death sentence. The law has withstood the attacks of several lawsuits and upheld by a federal judge most recently. I would use the same rational, if one is busted in a whorehouse crib; you cannot claim ignorance of not knowing that prostitution was going on all around you. There is only one reason to go the red-light district and that's to pay for sex. Just like if you drive by a known pick up spot for illegal day labors and pick up an illegal alien take them to a job site, are you not guilty of transporting illeagal aliens? Cut off the the supply of money and "criminal activity" will cease. I think it's total BS that the people doing the illegal hiring aren't getting dinged or at least I'm not hearing about them getting nabbed as well. Until the law is equally applied I reserve judgement on these "antics". <_<

The saturation patrols and the employer sanction law are two complete different things. The employer sanction law is not a criminal law it is a civil law, just like a speeding ticket. Employers can not be arrested for violating it. The law itself is VERY hard to enforce due to the way it was written. The elements you have to meet are almost impossible. I can tell you though that several criminal arrest have been made that surfaced from these investigations, such as Identity theft and forgery. (Please feel free to PM me with specific questions if you have them.)

The objective during saturation patrols is crime surpression in areas based on written complaints. These operations have been going on for years and are now getting attention because illegal aliens can be arrested administrativley. There is not much difference between a holiday DUI task force and these saturation patrols. The only difference is the target, a DUI task force target is DUI's. Other arrests occur such as warrant arrest, drugs arrest, etc. During saturation patrols there are no specific targets. The target is any crime observed, whether it be DUI, criminal speed, drug arrests, warrants and so on.

I hope this clears up some confusion.

Manny