Sign in to follow this  
the breeze

az unit 10 late bull

Unit 10 abounds with good bulls. Have fun!

Mike

a guy i was with last year got a 400 bull by cataract canyon. it's wierd hunting in sand dunes, but there are some big elk there. Lark.

That's what I mean about making stuff up, Lark.

Sand dunes in unit 10? Catarack is limestone.

Mike

c'mon rembrant, you head east o' cataract a ways, like maybe a mile or so, where we were hunting, and it is stinkin' sand. someplaces just drifts o' sand. looked like death valley days. cataract is a big ol' rocky hole. but both sides of it is lots o' sand. i mean there's some cedars and pinons and brush and such, but we seen lotsa sand too. also seen one o' them stinkin' wolves that they turned loose 250 miles from there. had a radio collar on it and everthing. almost shot it too. and i told ya a million times to quit yer dang exageratin' too. all kiddin' aside, there are some big bulls where we were. i can see where it would be real hard this time o' year. they were tellin' us where they were ever morning, so it wasn't real hard locating em. with this weather and stuff, it may a hard hunt. cataract is the only place in u10 i've ever hunted. and then just the part where we were. you may be able to glass across cataract with some success. if it snows, get on a track and follow it until they have hooves in em. Lark.

Lark,

Sure took you a long time to reply. I was beginning to think I hurt your feelings or something.

10 used to be a real sleeper, now it's as popular as 9. Too bad the Navajos are gonna own most of it someday. Just one of the many bad changes that are gonna occur in this state over time - like that Rancher tag deal that's brewing.

I'm gonna go over and read that string real good. Haven't done it yet cause everytime I get started, I get ticked off!

Mike