Well i ordered some last week. I got them friday and didnt have time to play with them untill sunday. I have yet to shoot broadheads with them yet. They shot just as good as my normal vanes, if not better. Its hard to tell because i havent shot too much lately. If it continue to like them, they may tag along in septemper looking for bulls

Well i ordered some last week. I got them friday and didnt have time to play with them untill sunday. I have yet to shoot broadheads with them yet. They shot just as good as my normal vanes, if not better. Its hard to tell because i havent shot too much lately. If it continue to like them, they may tag along in septemper looking for bulls

Thanks for the feedback! If you have any problems be sure and let me know. I hope you get to shoot a bit in the wind with broadheads. I think that will put some FOBs in your quiver on the Elk hunt.

Congrats on the Elk tag!!! It has been 2001 since I drew an AZ tag :angry: Most likely off to Oregon this year if we did not draw in New Mexico.

Regards,

Here is my experience.

I tried them out last year and was impressed. I did have to get used to the feel of the thing against my cheek but it didnt seem to affect my accuracy. Within 35 yards I was not able to tell much of a difference in accuracy between them and my blazers but beyond that is where they shined. I was definitely able to hold better groups at longer distances with the fobs.

I too thought they were noisy so I did exactly what Paul suggested and had a buddy stand SAFELY downrange while I shot several arrows with fobs and blazers. He confirmed that the fobs were quieter than the blazers from his perspective. Never was able to try them out at long distance in a crosswind but the guys on archery talk claim that they really perform.

I have shot them from a drop zone rest, a whammy, and a limb driver and all have worked fine.

They do look a little odd in the qiver out in the field but I think that if you can stick with them you will like them.

Jeff

The arrows shot a couple of inches lower than the same arrows fletched with Blazers.

Craig,

Make sure you aren't getting any contact on your rest as I'm surprised they are hitting 2" lower. I was getting contact at first but didn't notice as the FOB (apparently) corrected the arrow so quickly. Once I was dialed, my FOB'd arrows were actually impacting a touch higher than my fletched arrows. Shoot them at 40+ yards with some broadheads and I think you will start to see a difference, especially if they are a little out of tune. With field tips there really isn't much of a difference.

And thanks for looking for the brass ;) . Word is they (Nosler) are making it now. I think Cabelas will have some in a couple weeks (or so they say :rolleyes: )

Kevin