Sign in to follow this  
Coues Sniper

Trouble finding components...

I've decided to (finally) start reloading. I've got the press and accessories all picked out, and am starting to round up the components. Trouble is I can't find what i want. Bullets and powder are pretty easy, but i can't find any Nosler 300 RUM brass or Federal 215 Gold Match primers anywhere! Anyone have any leads on either of them? I'd like at least 100 of the brass, and i'd even be willing to buy a small batch of the primers off of someone (I'll make it worth you while :) ) if they are willing to part with any. I'm wanting to try different primers but am pretty set on the Nosler brass. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Kevin, have you tried Midway?

I have a brick of F215M, I could sell a box or two with out it bothering me too much.

Midway, Cabelas, Powder Valley, Lock Stock and Barrel, and even a few places i hadn't heard of are all out of both the brass and primers. You can't even order the brass directly from Nosler :blink: It's been like this for months...

And you have a PM :)

Lots of other places have 7rum brass.... Nosler brass hasnt cracked up to be all its supposed to be. Try norma. Remington brass will work fine as well.

+1 on the Norma Brass, Kevin. We have had a hard time finding 215's as well the last ones I bought TAM, Tim, bought for me in Prescott somewhere... and dropped them by on his way to New Mexico. If you put the word out here and on LR Hunting you might find a conection that will help you find some..... Good Luck.

CnS

I am going to Prescott this weekend... I will see if I can track any down there.

Gino... he said Nosler ;)

Try Norma.... I just ordered some .257 wby Norma brass and was impressed when it came in. When I ran it through my Forester die, it didnt contact at all!

I didn't think Norma made 300 RUM (?). I've put the word out on LRH.com, and so far no offers. I think 'ol Casey is going to hook me up with some 215 match's, (probably can't give him a hard time for a while :( ;) ) so i just need some brass. I have a few empties (which are also Nosler which is another reason i'd like to stick with them) to get me started, but not as many as i'd like. Word is that Nosler is either running 300 RUM next (after 308's) or they are already on them so they should be available within the next month or two. I just want it now <_< Thanks for the help, you guys are awesome.

Kevin,

Have you called Bruno's? They stock both nosler and norma brass.

Casey, I thought that we had banned you from Mecca! What are you doing heading up this way?

take care,

Schmitty

Craig, my best friend is graduating from YCC....

Any place in P-town have 215m's?

Shoot me a pm if they do!

Just checked out three gun shops here in Prescott yesterday and none of them had the 215 mag primers. If you find them you'd be wise to buy everything you can! This has been going on since at least last summer, and there not getting any easier to find.

Casey was nice enough to sell me some of his stash which will get me by for a while. As soon as I find some, I'm buying at least 2 or 3 K, that's for sure. I'll let the CW community know when and if I find any as well. Thanks for looking TAM ;)

Just got back from Sportsmans and they have everything minus 215's!

Kevin, those few I sold you are actually the first of the brick I told you I bought! I was afraid I only had about 500 left, but I still have around 900 left after what I am sending you!