Sign in to follow this  
broadhead

Land Owner Compact Question

Hello everyone

Like many of us lucky covid-quarantined individuals I'm doing some pre-application scouting. Can someone fill me in on how the access points to the ranches that participate in the Land Owner Compact work? I understand the rules about requesting access with AZGFD to each ranch and signing in to each ranch you access but is the access limited to specific gates or entry points? Each area I want to scout is at least an hour drive away and I'd like to narrow it down as much as possible before taking off. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys.

An area I hunt in 32 has an enclosure at the gate. Inside of it there is a book where you put in your name and if you are hunting or just hiking. I also believe you put in your vehicle info and maybe hunting license number and if you killed anything but it has been about 5 years since i was there.

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions.

4 hours ago, PRDATR said:

An area I hunt in 32 has an enclosure at the gate. Inside of it there is a book where you put in your name and if you are hunting or just hiking. I also believe you put in your vehicle info and maybe hunting license number and if you killed anything but it has been about 5 years since i was there.

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions.

Thanks. I think what I will do is check out the area itself and find out if there are any specific entry points or otherwise restricted access. I know there is a sign in like you described but I'm not sure if there is only one specified access point the ranch owner wants people to use or more importantly if there are parts of the ranch I should avoid.