I'm heading back down tonight. Didn't see any shooters opening weekend. My buddies are still down there and I understand they each missed one Wednesday so at least they are seeing them. Hoping tomorrow will be a good day.

I believe cousediehard tagged out Wed.

Mike

i havent tagged out yet, but tomorrow im shooting anything with antlers! i might have to stop by and see ya during the pm to tag a lil one u may have bedded for me! Jake, as you know shot a 95+ inch 3x3, the 27 y/o border patrol agent worked his butt off to get this deer. he is in great shape and even he said he almost didnt come back doing it. i went with him the next day to retrieve the body and we glassed up 2 bucks and off i went, up up up up up up and over i went, to no avail. the next day, jakes dad shot a pretty nice forky but he thought it as bigger.

Hey Casey, that was a heck of a buck Jake killed I say it is close to 100 and even the buck his father killed was a nice wide 2 point. Good luck to you and your father tomorrow if you need any help packing out give me a call via cell phone or possiblly by radio. Good luck to everyone this weekend this is the last weekend to fill our tags.

CASEY,

DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS OF THOSE BUCKS? WE LIKE PICS ;) . I HOPE TO POST A 36B PIC THIS WEEKEND. 2 MORE DAYS TO GIVE IT ALL. GOOD LUCK!

MICHAEL

yeah i have some pictures, but there pretty bad, taken through my camera phone i will send them to amanda but there not very good

OK...with a scant 3 weeks till the Dec. hunt, what's the prognosis? Has there been weather there? Seen big ones? Seen small ones? Seen no ones (I hope not)? I was hoping for a few more takin in the Nov hunt...did everyone smack 'em all in Oct? Thx for the help! Jim

I was not able to find a good buck to shoot but we had a great time in the field, saw alot of deer and a total of 16 bucks altogether which most of them were spikes and forkys. We did see a 85" three point that surprised me about noon @ 15 yards and looked @ me for 2 seconds and hauled arss straight to the flats.On sunday of opening weekend we met three super nice guys who had moved in to camp for the week, and on tuesday their camp had grown so I stopped in to see how they were doing and got to meet firstcoueswas80 and his father, I will tell you this is the best goup of guys you would ever want to meet anywhere. Hey Casey did jake get his buck scored yet? Casey, Mick, Jake,Jim & Mike thanks for the camp hospitality we will have to do it again sometime soon.

got to meet firstcoueswas80? and? his father, I will tell you this is the best goup of guys you would ever want to meet anywhere

Ain't it the truth about the people you meet on these boards...I hooked up w/ guy on another board who was SO cool. Offered to take my son and I out for a day hunt, had scouted for us a few days before...just a real salt of the earth guy. I'm not big on E-scouting, but if you can glean some useful info before you go, it may salvage a morning or two of being in an unproductive area. Was really looking forward to some great stories from the area. Who knows, maybe my son and I will be able to put something worthwhile up there!

Nice to hear we are having some informal "meetings" of the members.

People with so much in common are great to meet in campsites.

Albert, as far as i know he hasnt gotten it scored but i will find out. im gonna have to say meeting and hunting with you has been as great an experience as ever, we will have to either do some archery hunting or varment huning over my xmas break this december.