Sign in to follow this  
AZantlerhead

Recent trips

post-2337-1211953916_thumb.jpgpost-2337-1211954283_thumb.jpgOnly found one deer antler and one elk this day, It was cool cause the elk had blood on it and was my first tank side shed, not to mention 2 other guys I ran into on a quad said they looked at the tank that morning :lol: :lol: To worried about getting caught off road to see the shed I guess. <_< People like that will cause public land closures, "shed hunting seasons" etc.etc. :( Ol' boy did show a bit more interest in this fresh drop brown. march08

post-2337-1211954394_thumb.jpg Hiked all day in new area and this is what i got. Did see the biggest group of bulls in my life though, 23, all different sizes.2 with no horns, the rest still wearing :blink: no elk horns though. Also saw a group of 3 Big Boys. And allot of Dr. pepper cans <_<Early april 08

post-2337-1211954676_thumb.jpg Another all day hike turned up this nice one. No complaints on this trip :rolleyes: ----- ohhh, I blew out my boots. Glad i pack duck tape ;) Late march 08

Another day trip , left the right side of the elk 6x6 pair for a marker, chewed on does not describe it. found two more this day but ran outa film in my p.o.s camera :( :( also found a large pile of whites on a grave. I had my lunch with "Gary and Dave" admireing the old pile and 5x5 head.Odd two graves with one marker... :huh: april08

post-2337-1211954812_thumb.jpgpost-2337-1211955199_thumb.jpg THANKS FOR LOOKIN.

post-2337-1211955329_thumb.jpg

"not to mention 2 other guys I ran into on a quad said they looked at the tank that morning To worried about getting caught off road to see the shed I guess."

Judging from the tracks I see around tanks, the ATV game population seems to doing quite well. It appears this species has to come to water several times daily to saitisfy its thirst. The Polaris subspecies arrears to be doing the best, as its tracks are the most recognizeable and abundant. The ATVs are a vocal species and can be heard calling throughout the day. A semi-trained ear can detect the differences in the calling between subspecies. Considering the rapid growth in the population, I doubt it won't be long before G&F opens a season on these critters. ;)

Hey AZantler head or should I say pot head. Your right we did ride to the edge of the canyon with my brother's quad. Great way of packing in the equipment that we used to repair the dam that was holdin back the water of that tank you found that shed at. When we looked at the tank It was from 800ft above it. We wathched you walk around the tank jump down into the washout, that we have been spending valuable time to repair for years of future hunting, and out then walk farther up into the canyon. By the way we were not off roading. It was a well marked forest service OHV road. I can produce the trail numbers for you if you would like.

Love, peace, and chicken grease,

Bushman1

post-2337-1211953916_thumb.jpgpost-2337-1211954283_thumb.jpgOnly found one deer antler and one elk this day, It was cool cause the elk had blood on it and was my first tank side shed, not to mention 2 other guys I ran into on a quad said they looked at the tank that morning :lol: :lol: To worried about getting caught off road to see the shed I guess. <_< People like that will cause public land closures, "shed hunting seasons" etc.etc. :( Ol' boy did show a bit more interest in this fresh drop brown. march08

post-2337-1211954394_thumb.jpg Hiked all day in new area and this is what i got. Did see the biggest group of bulls in my life though, 23, all different sizes.2 with no horns, the rest still wearing :blink: no elk horns though. Also saw a group of 3 Big Boys. And allot of Dr. pepper cans <_<Early april 08

post-2337-1211954676_thumb.jpg Another all day hike turned up this nice one. No complaints on this trip :rolleyes: ----- ohhh, I blew out my boots. Glad i pack duck tape ;) Late march 08

Another day trip , left the right side of the elk 6x6 pair for a marker, chewed on does not describe it. found two more this day but ran outa film in my p.o.s camera :( :( also found a large pile of whites on a grave. I had my lunch with "Gary and Dave" admireing the old pile and 5x5 head.Odd two graves with one marker... :huh: april08

post-2337-1211954812_thumb.jpgpost-2337-1211955199_thumb.jpg THANKS FOR LOOKIN.

That's great you were repairing the dang of the tank ;) Glad you left out the name of that place at least. You're bro likes the peace pipe 2!!!

Theres a few B&C coues in there! Hope you guys connect on one! A tip, you can hear that quad a mile a way maybe 2. Invest in a pack frame and hikeing boots. It will keep that place wild, and keep it a big buck sanctuary ;) Good luck with that spot, it's a gem!

That's great you were repairing the dang of the tank ;) Glad you left out the name of that place at least. You're bro likes the peace pipe 2!!!

Theres a few B&C coues in there! Hope you guys connect on one! A tip, you can hear that quad a mile a way maybe 2. Invest in a pack frame and hikeing boots. It will keep that place wild, and keep it a big buck sanctuary ;) Good luck with that spot, it's a gem!

I hear ya. Every other I've been there it's been hoofin it. They don't call me bushman for nothin I've been all over the jungles of north and south america doin what I love to do. that is seein the true wild.

Thanks for the luck. Almost every time I've been in there I've found the sheds of bucks that most people only dream of taking.

Be cool my brotha,

Bushman1