bradleylarson48

Coues deer /bear 24a

So I may hunt 24a otc this year for coues deer. I also want to get an archery bear. I have a couple spots I’d like to sit water but I haven’t been able to get cams out because Tonto Forest is closed. For anyone who has experience with the unit is the Apache peak area good for deer and bear?  Or should I focus on areas more towards show low. Like timber camp mountains. Not asking for specific spots just general help. I’ve scouted a couple different areas in the past but bot very thoroughly just driving around with a little glassing.   On azgfd website it says the upper slopes contain good deer and the drainages coming off of it have bear. Would I be better off glassing the drainages in hopes of finding deer and bear. Or just sitting water and hoping a deer or bear comes to get a drink?

1 minute ago, bradleylarson48 said:

So I may hunt 24a otc this year for coues deer. I also want to get an archery bear. I have a couple spots I’d like to sit water but I haven’t been able to get cams out because Tonto Forest is closed. For anyone who has experience with the unit is the Apache peak area good for deer and bear?  Or should I focus on areas more towards show low. Like timber camp mountains. Not asking for specific spots just general help. I’ve scouted a couple different areas in the past but bot very thoroughly just driving around with a little glassing.   On azgfd website it says the upper slopes contain good deer and the drainages coming off of it have bear. Would I be better off glassing the drainages in hopes of finding deer and bear. Or just sitting water and hoping a deer or bear comes to get a drink?

Give me a call . I hunt that area alot. I definitely can get you on a bear. 602 291seven two 66

• Like 4