JC350

Late archery salt licks

I’ve got a good buck that has been hitting salt a lot in July to mid August. I haven’t been able to kill him yet and he appears to be visiting the site a lot less now.  Have you guys found that once their antlers top out they hit salt less often?

Good question not sure personally.  Im told long term licks that have fawns grow up to be mature deer on them will visit more consistant at varying times of year.  I know on the kaibab their are licks neen there so long and the hole is so big you have to wait dor the deer to come out of the hole to shoot it.  

Btw, the is the forum help forum. Go back to the main page and scroll down to the hunting forums and try to repost there.

6 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Good question not sure personally.  Im told long term licks that have fawns grow up to be mature deer on them will visit more consistant at varying times of year.  I know on the kaibab their are licks neen there so long and the hole is so big you have to wait dor the deer to come out of the hole to shoot it.  

Btw, the is the forum help forum. Go back to the main page and scroll down to the hunting forums and try to repost there.

He needs help with salt licks.