Sign in to follow this  
BeardownAZ

Best Tripod for the money???

5 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Its tough to find one for us tall guys thats not super pricey.  I started with vanguard 264Ao.  Great for the $150 and comes with a halfway decent head.  I upgraded the heads to the benro S2 and im still running the same tripods.  Honestly thks tripod definitely falls in the best bang for the $ category.  But I'm now looking for a backpacking CF tripod. I'm not sure if I go just wanna get one that I know I will have to sit with and just shave the extra weight or Still get one I can stand with.  Going lighter and taller at the same time has the backdoor weakness off being less stable in the wind and picking up more vibration from the wind. I'm kind of torn honestly.

I've got a couple, you are welcome to borrow one sometime just to see if it works for you.

I appreciate the generous offer. These forums really do have some great people.

yes being taller does make things more challenging in life sometimes. The smaller compact tripod I have is a vanguard and I can say, I really like it. I also have a vortex full size and it’s been good but it’s a little light, which can be good sometimes but not in wind when standing. So for the next one I think something more robust and tall is in order. 

Manfrotto 290 has been good to me. No complaints- nice, tall, and stable. Used it for photography and glassing both over the years and holding up great. Made the trip to and from AK with me a couple times. Not a light weight travel tripod nor overly big imho.