Sign in to follow this  
Snapshot

Trail cams with built in viewers

O.K , now that all you trail cam guys have completely corrupted me with your great photos ;) , I am going to buy my first trail cam with a built in viewer as I want simplicity of being able to view pictures on the spot and move the camera accordingly. The places I will set it up are more remote and unlikely to be found by anybody, so price is not as much of a concern as is a good cam.

I also intend to buy the metal security housing so the bears can not damage it.

What do you guys "in the know" reccommend?

I like the new i-40 moultree cam with "d" batteries. we make our own boxes. we make them and the sell for $40 each. beware of the new addiction your about to recieve. game cams are awesome!

post-519-1216270408_thumb.jpg

I have the stealth cam v450 with the 2" LCD screen built in. I've had good luck with it and has good picture quality. The 6 C batteries it takes lasted around 3 weeks and took 30 pictures

I have Cuddebacks and Leafrivers(with the viewer) and I like them both. the viewer on the Leafriver is really too small to get any detail so if I intended to leave the camera setup I just bring a laptop along and download the pictures in the field.

J