Sign in to follow this  
WadeNAZ

Unit 31

Does anyone have any experienced opinions about this unit? Good, Bad or otherwise?

I did not get drawn this year :angry: and see there are a few leftovers for this unit. wondering if it is worth my time and $$$$

or if I should just focus on getting an arrow through one this year???

post-2337-1217883486_thumb.jpg ;) Nov 07. Got an early Coues tag this year. My dad had a whitetail tag last year. His first experience with them. Well, he passed on two 60-80 inch bucks, shooters. :lol: :lol: Being used too mule deer he didn't know they were good bucks. He sai'd" I thought they're rack was supposed to be taller than they're ears". I however have studied coues , found they're sheds and heads and know what a good coues looks like. I'm stoked about my early 31 coues hunt this year!! So i'm hopeing they are in the same area this year, even bigger. This year he drew mulie for 31. We got consecutive hunts for both species two years in a row. Oh, he ended up shooting a "meat buck" or spike on his last day. I lucked out an got this nice mulie the first morning. I love 31. Ohh and in the arizona trophy book there are numerous entries for coues from this unit and area. I once heard that trophy coues are common. Seeing them and then shooting them is not, this applies in all units i'm sure.

I grew up in Unit 31 and hunted it in December last year with no luck. It ain't what it used to be.

I would go with the archery tag.

Just my $.02

Get at tag and do some homework. PS Don't hunt the Mt Graham area. Hunt the other big range. Access is limited but if you work hard the good ones are there.

ER