bradleylarson48

Razor 10x42 or 12x50

So I’ve been using the classic vortex crossfire 12x50s for the last few years and I wanna upgrade. I want new vortex razor hds before shed season  and the spring hunts. I can buy 10x42s now so I’ll have them in time but I don’t wanna be missing out on the extra 2 power I’ve had. Am I gonna be losing a lot going from the 12x50 crossfire to a razor 10x42?  I just don’t wanna regret buying them. I really like the edge clarity and low light glassing compared to my crossfires but will I miss the extra 2x?  What do y’all run as far as chest glass?  Like if yall could only have one pair is it gonna be 10s or 12s?

I built a pair of 30x big eyes and ive pondered this myself.  I've been using my 8s to do a quick scan then grid the area with the big eyes.  But the 8s just don't have enough power.  I would say if you have a pair of 15s go with the 10s.  I have decided I will likely go with meopta 12s over the 10s.  Also consider looking at the meopta line instead of the razors. You can. Get the 12s for $1250 and they are dang close to swaros in quality.

If you're hand holding certainly 10x vs 12x. Easier to hold steady and a wider FOV.

Why the Razor vs 

Meopta

GPO

Zeiss

Leica

Kowa

etc

As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it would be our pleasure to discuss this with you and help figure out which would suit your intended use the best. If you've got a few minutes give us a call, 516-217-1000
Thanks

9 hours ago, gr8fuldoug said:

If you're hand holding certainly 10x vs 12x. Easier to hold steady and a wider FOV.

Why the Razor vs 

Meopta

GPO

Zeiss

Leica

Kowa

etc

As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it would be our pleasure to discuss this with you and help figure out which would suit your intended use the best. If you've got a few minutes give us a call, 516-217-1000
Thanks

So I bought the razor 10x42s. Today. This isn’t my last pair of glass so I’ll give you sometime. 

• Like 1