Sign in to follow this  
swwildlife

Transporting out of state animals, repost

You may or may not know the Game and Fish issued a new rule this year in an effort to stop the transmission of CWD into Arizona.

This new rule stated that you can NOT bring the unprocessed skull, carcass, or parts of unprocessed animal into Arizona.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

after all the news releases they amended it to allowing you to bring a raw untreated animal back into the state IF it was taken directly to a licensed taxidermist or meat processor.

This has effected my business and a few other meat processors that I know. I contacted the G&F and their response was "Oh well, we tried to get the word out the best we could, but you can't hold everyone's hand"

The problem I have with it is that if you get on their website there is only 1 release that states you can bring out of state animals back and and about 4 releases that state no way.

So what I'm trying to tell everyone is, If you want to use your local taxidermist or meat processor, you can. There are no restrictions. Please bring your out of state animals home and support your local economy!

Jim

• Like 1

Yeah Jim, This was a mess. At least they semi put a bandaid on it.

Thank you very much for the update as I was unaware.

To be clear. If I kill a Deer or Elk in Wyoming I can put the Hide & Meat in a cooler and bring it directly to my Taxidermist and processor! Is that correct?

Adam

Thanks for clearing that up! Good info to have.

Adam