Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mel Carter

Hunting in Mexico

Guest Mel Carter

I just found out the my girl friend has relatives down around Tampico Mexico that own a ranch and do a lot of deer hunting. Any idea what types of deer are in this area, Muley's, or Whitetails? Well, they have offered to take me hunting at no charge. I need to know what needs to be done and how hard is it to take firearms into mexico, is it the same process getting the firearms out. Is there any web sites that explain the procedures, hunting seasons, dates, ect. I can't find anything on the net. I do appreciate your help, it looks like some of you have hunted down in Mexico before so I thouhgt this would be a great place to ask for HELP!

Guest Guest_Couesnut

I've hunted & outfitterd down there for years. To much to type, give me a call

602-493-8740

Dave

Mel, not to be evasive but give couesnut a call. I went last year and spoke with couesnut before the trip and he helped me figure out what to watch out for and what paperwork was needed................you dont want to get caught up in any mix ups down there..................Allen.................602-454-2146

I hunted in Sonora a couple of years ago on a self guided hunt. We still had to go thru a Mexican Outfitter to obtain the deer tags and gun permits. Just make sure all of your paper work is in order (gun serial numbers, quantity of ammo. etc.). It took us about 4 hours to get across the border at Naco. We also ran into a Mexico Federal Gov't road block down close to the ranch we hunted on. None of them could speak english, that made it quite interesting. We also had the roadblock on the way out. Getting back across the border was much easier. Good luck.

Arizona Griz.

I would contact Duwane Adams or Ojo Caliente Outfitters. Even if you are doing your own hunt, I am sure they would be willing to give you some information on how make everything go smoothly. They have hunted in Mexico for years. Click on the links to their websites (which is on the left hand side of each page of my website) for contact info.

I am working on getting "how to hunt in Mexico info" on this web site in the future.

Amanda

Guest Mel Carter

Thanks for the information. Once I find out exactly what's going on and it turns out that this will happen, I'll definately call Duwane for some help.

Thanks again,

Mel

Guest desert chuy

I live in mexico and I also work for an outfitter in Sonora,Mexico, it will help you a lot if the persons who you are planning to hunt with, let you use their guns so you don?t have to go thru the hassle of getting guns in to mexico,specially if you?re driving across the border,usually we do all the paperwork so our hunters don?t have any problems when they arrive at the airport, on the other hand I know that there are 2 subspecies of whitetail in that part of Mexico, the Texas whitetail as we call it,and Carmen mountains whitetail,anyway you?ll need a licence tag so you can get your rack into the states, I hope this help you a littleand excuse my english :ph34r: