doublelung

A few questions about 3C

First, I was wondering if there any good places near Heber to take my elk to be butchered?

Also wondering if anyone knew of a place I could get some water to fill my toyhauler.. I would be more than glad to pay someone up there..Don't really want to drag all that water up the hill.

Thanks!

Millers southwestern processing out of queen creek will have their big freezer trailer in forest lakes according to their website.

• Like 2

First, I was wondering if there any good places near Heber to take my elk to be butchered?

Also wondering if anyone knew of a place I could get some water to fill my toyhauler.. I would be more than glad to pay someone up there..Don't really want to drag all that water up the hill.

Thanks!

I live in Heber and closest meat processing will be miller's trailer in Forest Lakes. There is a possibility they will have one in Heber like in years past but depends how busy they get I think. If you want you can fill up your water at my house here. I'm renting and water is free :)
  • Like 7

Just west of forest lakes Canyon point camp ground has water, dump station and showers. Miller's should also have a freezer truck at the gas station in forest lakes they also have water there if you ask.

• Like 1

3C is closed to hunting. :lol:

Canyon point is the great spot to fill up-

Miller's is the only way to go.

• Like 1

I've taken mine over to Kayce Turley in Taylor. It's about 22 miles from the Snowflake/Taylor turnoff in Heber.

He took my bull at about 12:30am and butchered it. We let it age for 17 days. They do a great job packaging and labeling. In 2014, he waited until about 7:00pm to take my antelope after I shot it. Same think, we aged the meat for 14-15 days, then they did a great job of packaging and labeling. He was also less expensive than the outfit in Forrest Lakes.

Not only is he a butcher, but he is a taxidermist too. I need to get over and pick up my bull, but here is the antelope he did for me.

post-10444-0-13269000-1470966684_thumb.jpg

post-10444-0-57946900-1470964566_thumb.jpg

post-10444-0-15961200-1473801162_thumb.jpg

• Like 1