Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Sub moa and the ruger american predator

I shot one, I believe it was in a .223, maybe it was the gun or maybe it was the ammo, wasn't to impressed. I would spend a little more and get a Tikka. No worrys about getting it bedded, trigger job, no BS, shoots right out of the box.

If you need a inexpensive factory large caliber gun I highly recommend the Savage model 12 or the Reminto long range hunter. Both are great guns!

This is an out of the box Tikka T3x 30-06, no load development, just seat the bullets so they will go in the magazine. In my opinion since ATK took over Savage Arms, I don't think they are that great out of the box anymore.

post-6503-0-23915300-1510794021_thumb.jpg

I ended up getting the black Friday deal from cabelas. Savage FV with accutrigger and heavy 26" barrel $219 after rebate. Can't beat that deal. Probably will cut the barrel down though and make it more manageable for my daughter.

I wouldn't be too concerned with getting a rifle that shoots bug holes for a child. At that age run of the mill accuracy is just fine until they are old enough to grasp the concept of killing a big game animal for themselves.

Sorry, but I see way too many parents with deep pockets letting children snipe animals at ridiculous distances to feed their egos instead of giving them a capable rifle and letting them walk the opposite ridge by themselves within sight and learning the skills on their own.

Off Soapbox.

Yep just what he said! Yeah stick the weapon in a claw or clamp and let a kid shoot 400+ yrds and let them be proud... they just squeezed the trigger. Just sayin!

Triclawps does not make it easy for kids to shoot 400 yards. A bipod and or bag is far more accurate. You still gotta hold the back end of the rifle steady with the clamps. We only use the clamps depending on the terrain.