Sign in to follow this  
Viper

My Outdoor TV - anyone subscribed to this?

I'm wondering if the streaming services will periodically raise rates as it becomes more popular, and cable/sat becomes less popular. I see Youtube TV recently went from $35 to $40. The internet providers will probably do the same, as it becomes more necessary. Eventually the bill will equal what cable is now. May have to go back to radio for entertainment.

I think that streaming allows for a lot more competition than cable and satellite do. Hopefully lots of competition keeps prices down.

I think that streaming allows for a lot more competition than cable and satellite do. Hopefully lots of competition keeps prices down.

100% agree on the concept of (and hope for) increased competition keeping the overall price of services down!

One HUGE risk to the price of content on the internet in the future though, is the FCC's repeal of 'Net Neutrality' in November of last year. Net neutrality meant that ISP's could not step-in and limit or influence which websites their users were utilizing. With the repeal of that policy, it opens the door for ISPs to control the content that their users have access to. It is not done yet, as the repeal must go through congress. Scary stuff, IMO though....

S.