Sign in to follow this  
Ohthatguy

MVUM rant again... Still...

THE SAME SITIATION  WITH THE ' pending road closures" In tonto national forest-  the people  making the  changes  and decisions  aren't even in this  state  - they are sitting around a table in  NM looking at old  out of date maps,!!  TRUTH !

They have no  clue and are getting information from rangers  whom  barely  even know the  area  themselves-' tontos record  for new people / rangers is every other yr , if they last that long. 

On 8/30/2018 at 11:57 AM, cosninocanines said:

Agree!  Signs are needed however blocking the roads could have an adverse affect on fire crews responding to a fire. Generally first responders are in a pickup or small engine and trenches or boulders would slow the response down considerably.

Hey I'm not arguing with you, and I agree with you. I could actually really care less if they didn't shut any roads down. Quite a few people are determined to so maybe on the areas with an over abundance of roads, they could use the signs, seeds, and trenches.  Hunters also like their areas to walk free from roads, so you got to see it both ways. I get it when you're walking, and have a vehicle come up and ruin your walk. It's happened to me and I don't like that either. I think a balance of both would be best.  They're going to do what they're going to do, so we will see.

I have never ridden or driven off the road even to get an elk since they outlawed it. I will ride on the road closest to the kill and do the deed. I hate seeing people ride across virgin ground and I have seen plenty of that in 12AW in the past.