I set my camera up on a water seap I found last weekend while crawling around in the thick stuff trying to find out where the pigs were bedding down. I did some calling in this area last year and called in a fox and bobcat, but did not have a weapon with me. I was hoping to have pics of the bobcat and fox, but only got the fox and tons of pigs, plus the wrong end of a skunk. I took one of my buddys along with me this weekend who has never shot an animal with his bow and got him real close to some of the pigs, but it was a sharp down hill angle, so I told him not to shoot. We were right above them for about two hours, sometimes only about ten yards just watching them wrestle with eachother and napping. I finally decided to take shot when they moved out of the thick brush that was down in the river bed. It was exactly forty yards, but I forgot to adjust for the downhill angle and shot about three inches over his back. I am kind of glad I missed so I can go again next weekend. I attached my digital camera to my bow, so hopefully I will have a video of the kill shot next weekend. I forgot to turn it on when I took the shot yesterday, otherwise I could have shown the missed shot. David

DGC_0096.jpg

DGC_0026.jpg

DGC_0017.jpg

DGC_0021.jpg

DGC_0013.jpg

Nice pics. Looks like the wildlife is hitting the water at night. How close to this spot are you hunting?

KP

Great little spot. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Nice pics.  Looks like the wildlife is hitting the water at night.  How close to this spot are you hunting?

KP

KP, We were actually standing right above them yesterday. This is at the bottom of a deep river bottom with boulders on both sides. We were just standing on the boulders looking down on them. David

More pics from this week. I think there is a lion hanging close to the area, since I didn't get anymore pics of the pigs after the 9th. Plus I couldn't locate them all day on Saturday. I spoke with a guy in the area and he told me he saw a lion cross the highway about a mile from where I am hunting. David

DGC_0008.jpg

DGC_0007.jpg

DGC_0018.jpg

DGC_0023.jpg

Boy that is a sweet spot. Great pics, thanks for sharing ;)

I especially like that Javelina with the little piglet picture. I've always been fascinated with Javelina. Such a family oriented animal with unique charachteristics.

Super collection of pictures! thanks for posting them!

Hope you get your piggy next time!

What are the odds of getting quail and a squirl in the same picture. Thats pritty cool! Thanks for sharing.

What are the odds of getting quail and a squirl in the same picture.  Thats pritty cool! Thanks for sharing.

I actually have even more of that rodent and quail in the same pics. He was on at least five pics alone. The quail are in there all of the time.