Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


About Tj_G91

  • Rank
    Advanced Member
  • Birthday 11/14/1991

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Southern AZ

Recent Profile Visitors

7,086 profile views
  1. Tj_G91

    Used 3D targets

    Pm sent
  2. Tj_G91

    Back to back

    Thank you
  3. Tj_G91

    Back to back

    Thank you
  4. Tj_G91

    Back to back

    Agreed. My kids are still too young, but this is one of my good friends boys. He’s got one year left and hoping for the three peat next year.
  5. Tj_G91

    Back to back

    After tagging a great buck last year, this youth hunter (my good buddies son) drew the same hunt and we got to work looking for a buck worthy of his tag. After spotting a great 4x3 multiple times we knew he was the buck we wanted to spend time on. I wasn’t able to turn #1 back up, but this 3x3 showed himself in my glass at first light opening day. After quick deliberation he made the decision he was good enough. A 2 hour stalk and 36 yard shot later, he had his second mule deer and another addition for his trophy room. These youth hunts are definitely a blast
  6. Tj_G91

    Desert Mule Deer

    I’d say about 90% of the mature mule deer I’ve harvested or helped harvest in a general hunt desert unit have been in the flats. With the other 10% being in smaller rolling hills type country. I usually hunt them where they are whenever I scout them… there’s times I never see them again, and times they don’t move far at all from certain areas. Mule deer in the desert are very hit and miss from what I see. And just when you think you have them figured out they could be miles away the next minute. I’d start in the flats and work my way up personally. The week leading up to your hunt will probably be the most important scouting time and hopefully no hunts before yours to stir things up before you can get out there. Best of luck!
  7. Tj_G91

    How'd You Get Your First Buck?

    2001 and 36a for myself. It was a forky and I was instantly hooked on mule deer. The following year same tag I bagged my first 4 point and that’s when the obsession of trying to shoot the most mature buck I can find kicked in. Remember it just like it was yesterday. Great topic and awesome pics. Nothing beats the older photos in my eyes
  8. Tj_G91

    Help! Big Horn tag in 37B!

    North butte, South Butte, and picket post.
  9. Tj_G91

    2021 Rut....

    I missed a 175”+ buck yesterday. Snuck into 60 yards of him and all his does bedded. Something spooked them and they ran closer to me. I had ranged a few things previously and when he stepped out I shot for 40. He was 36 and my arrow went just over his back. I dragged my feet and bow all the way back to the glassing knob.
  10. Tj_G91

    2021 Rut....

    We have seen 18 bucks I believe in the past 3 days. Out of those bucks only 2 were non shooters. A couple of them were absolute studs. North of the 180” mark. 4 of them were all after one doe the other day fighting and posturing for her company. Day to day it just keeps getting better. And here I am stuck at work waiting for the clock to strike 2 so I can get back out there
  11. Tj_G91

    Swaro 85mm stx

  12. Tj_G91

    Wtb Eberlestock Just One Backpack

    I have a just one I have been thinking of getting rid of for a bit. PM me and we can discuss
  13. Tj_G91

    Swaro 85mm stx

    It’s awesome. But I got big eyes and gave it to my dad and he’s just “ tired of carrying it” as he would say haha.
  14. Tj_G91

    Swaro 85mm stx

    No looking to keep it all together at this time