My dad, me and my ex have all been drawn for the pheasant down by Yuma. They can be very very challenging.

My wife and I flew down to Tucson a couple of years to meet some fellow forum brothers off another site and to hunt Phesants.Well we actually flew down to visit family and I ended up buying a shotgun to go hunthem, birds.

They belong to a hunt club and thats how we got the birds,so they where not free ranging birds,but it was a 1st for us and a total blast.I'll get some pictures up here shortly.Daniel

There are a few preserves in Az. It's not the Dakotas, but it's still a blast. The pen raised birds taste just as good as well. You just have to realize what your hunting, and not expect a snow covered corn field, with wild birds everywhere. We just go out to work the dogs, and spend some time with friends.

Back in the day you used to be able to hunt pheasants here in Chino Valley. Back when it was mostly farms. Those birds are long gone. However the other day while scouting for my antelope hunt I flushed one out of a juniper. Kinda interesting. Probably just someones pet who got away but it was still pretty cool to see.