Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

22 Bears?

I've been watching 4 bears at water up high in 22 all spring and summer and a week before the opener, they left. I assume they went low to look for fruit. Frustrating to say the least, as I had put a lot blood, sweat and gas money into bagging one of them. Not to mention that it is a two hour hike through a pot farm and nasty brush to get to the bottom of the canyon where they were hanging.

3 weekends ago accidently stumbled on one about 75 to 100 yards away and now we got him on a couple trail cams. not goin after him and just want him outta my deer spot :angry:

3 weekends ago accidently stumbled on one about 75 to 100 yards away and now we got him on a couple trail cams. not goin after him and just want him outta my deer spot :angry:

That is interesting. This water I have been watching is right in the middle of PRIME coues deer habitat. T have yet to get a single deer at this water hole, even though it is the only permanent water within 2 miles and I have glasses many deer in the canyon.

That is interesting. This water I have been watching is right in the middle of PRIME coues deer habitat. T have yet to get a single deer at this water hole, even though it is the only permanent water within 2 miles and I have glasses many deer in the canyon.

well i think the deer are watering at different little holes and rock formations that have been holding water since all the heavy rain. it seems, given the chance, they will water anywhere but their normal watering holes. wait till it dries out a bit and i bet they'll start poundin it

just wondering, since most of the pears I have seen are just now turning red, and are a week or two from being ripe...

Same thing in 24A. Pears are red but not totally ripe yet. Some are the dark purplish color. While sitting a tank and looking over the flats we had a bear walk up to less than 20 yards from us. His track was about 5 inches across

DUDE! Nothing makes me more mad OR skiddish as when I see Bears all over my deer spot!

That totally makes me HOT!

It has happened to me twice, the second time I walked right into (like 20 feet from) two sows with cubs! I was five miles from any help too and I only had 45 rounds of 9mm on me! Since then I bought an XD in .45 ha ha and I pack three mags everywhere I go! Stupid Bears I hate em!