Sign in to follow this  
Birddog

GSP trainer

Does anyone here know of a good trustworthy dog trainer? I am pretty new to the Phoenix area and I am looking for a trainer relatively close. I have a GSP that I got back after two months of training with someone and I did NOT get my moneys worth. :angry:

I am pretty disappointed about the situation because I wanted a dog I could hunt with this year. The “trainer” (I don’t know how he can call him self that) told me at first it would take two months tops. After the two months he then told me it would take two to three more months to get her to a point to where I could hunt with her.??? <_< The last two weeks he had her he called and said she is gun shy. I would think if he was working her the entire time he would have told me she was gun shy in the first two weeks instead of the last two weeks. I would like to take her to a trainer and have the trainer evaluate her and see where I could go from there.

Does anyone here know of a good trustworthy dog trainer? I am pretty new to the Phoenix area and I am looking for a trainer relatively close. I have a GSP that I got back after two months of training with someone and I did NOT get my moneys worth. :angry:

I am pretty disappointed about the situation because I wanted a dog I could hunt with this year. The “trainer” (I don’t know how he can call him self that) told me at first it would take two months tops. After the two months he then told me it would take two to three more months to get her to a point to where I could hunt with her.??? <_< The last two weeks he had her he called and said she is gun shy. I would think if he was working her the entire time he would have told me she was gun shy in the first two weeks instead of the last two weeks. I would like to take her to a trainer and have the trainer evaluate her and see where I could go from there.

If she wasn't gunshy when you took her there, I'd be p!$$#d.

That's too bad. I hate to hear that. The two best around here are Bill Gibbons and Tony Marquez. Tony trained my first dog and mostly trained me. He helped me with my second a little but wanted to do most by myself. If you want those guys numbers, just PM me. It's not too late to have the dog trained for bird season. We never take dogs out (Hunting) until after Thanksgiving because of snakes.

I have referred lots of people to Tony and have never had anyone come back unsatisfied. When he ssays 90 days...he means it. If it is less then you get your dog back and don't have to pay for the extra time not used. If it takes longer, he will not charge you any more.

Good luck.

Ed Rucker

Vice President

Arizona Pointing Dog Club & AFTCA

That's too bad. I hate to hear that. The two best around here are Bill Gibbons and Tony Marquez. Tony trained my first dog and mostly trained me. He helped me with my second a little but wanted to do most by myself. If you want those guys numbers, just PM me. It's not too late to have the dog trained for bird season. We never take dogs out (Hunting) until after Thanksgiving because of snakes.

I have referred lots of people to Tony and have never had anyone come back unsatisfied. When he ssays 90 days...he means it. If it is less then you get your dog back and don't have to pay for the extra time not used. If it takes longer, he will not charge you any more.

Good luck.

Ed Rucker

Vice President

Arizona Pointing Dog Club & AFTCA

Thanks Ed! I will give Tony a call.