Sign in to follow this  
billrquimby

MY BOOK IN CATALOG

Bill, Have you gotten anymore word on when your book might come out? I just got the Safari Press catalog and it says available in Spring 2009. I am dying to get my copy! And WoW!! What a great selection of books in that catalog. If I could, I would buy bunches of them! Amanda

I spoke with the publisher at the SCI convention in Reno in January, and he said he would get back to me later. Later hasn't come yet. Will post it here as soon as I hear.

Safari Press is the largest publisher of high-end hunting/shooting books in the world now. The publisher, Ludo Wurfbain, also owns Sports Afield magazine.

Bill Quimby

Any word on your book, Bill? I am still waiting for my copy that I paid for almost a year ago!

I wonder what the hold-up is?

Amanda

Don't really know, Amanda. All the other books I've worked on have been released within six months to a year of the signing of a contract.

Last month, the publisher said my book was "progressing" but would not give me a firm date for its release other than it "would be ready for the SCI convention" in January 2010;. I later heard from one of his employees that it has been sent to Asia for printing and should ship to purchasers "this fall," whatever that means.

How did you pay for it? The publisher's catalog and website say that credit cards will not be charged until books are shipped.

Learned a lesson here. Next time I sign a contract there will be a publish-by date with a penalty clause.

Bill Quimby