Sign in to follow this  
savagman

Lafayette, LA food

Not gathering myself but gonna appreciate local cuisine.... Any suggestions for hole in the wall, shacks, food carts, fish camps etc.???  5 star but worth it suggestions ok too

Plan to fish/redfish or sea trout, weather permitting and eat good.  Suggestions of sights, future adventures, or other appreciated.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/314784025378029

https://www.facebook.com/groups/154496828630117

Most any local  place will be good and no two places will be the same.  Are you going to charter a guide or just fish the shore? Crabs are running in Rockefeller  and Specks are tasty but nobody calls them Sea Trout. It's either Specks of just Trout.

You will need a basic freshwater license and if you fish below the Saltwater Line you will need a Salt Water License too unless you fish with a Guide then it's just $10 for 3 days.

Thanks.  Plan was to fish from with a buddy's friend.  Boat broke down 5 min out.  We adjusted and fished from shore.  Conditions weren't great.  Windy, recent rain had water high and dirty, etc.  Caught an undersized red, a small gar and a nice black drum.  Not bad for a few hours wetting a line.  Ate great at several local places.  Oysters at Dukes were huge and awesome.  

5 hours ago, savagman said:

Thanks.  Plan was to fish from with a buddy's friend.  Boat broke down 5 min out.  We adjusted and fished from shore.  Conditions weren't great.  Windy, recent rain had water high and dirty, etc.  Caught an undersized red, a small gar and a nice black drum.  Not bad for a few hours wetting a line.  Ate great at several local places.  Oysters at Dukes were huge and awesome.  

The great thing about fishing there is there are so many different types of fish in the marsh.

Always wanted to experience food in this area. Went on a hitchhiking trip back in the day and ended up in New Orleans.  First dude to pick me on my way back to AZ showed me the real southern hospitality. Took me to his mom's house, fed me a sausage, tater and string beans dinner their style.  A cherished memory I will never forget.