Newbie71

Teardrop Trailer for hunting/fishing?

8 hours ago, ThomC said:

Well newbie the answer to your question is no.  Most on here have big trailers for total comfort for their whole crowd of helpers.  🤣

Ah, the truth comes out. This explains it. Thank you.

2 hours ago, elkaholic said:

Try.   www.tnttt.com.

forum about teardrop and tiny trailers

http://www.tnttt.com

I have heard of this site. I wanted hunters/fishermens point of view. I will look into it after I get going. Saving up for the first part (Harbor Freight flatbed trailer & body of camper).

"I made this from scratch for hunting for my son and I.  works great   electric on a 12volt system.  Has light (led)  heat and cooling.  Queen size bed. storage and work bench on the back end  and cabinets inside"

That looks like it works out quite well for your purposes. Very nice. Mine will be smaller. Cabinets are nice. The plans I have show how to make slat shelves (cabinets lol) light ones though, on one side, drop in floor (there is a reason for this madness), etc. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Newbie71 said:

"I made this from scratch for hunting for my son and I.  works great   electric on a 12volt system.  Has light (led)  heat and cooling.  Queen size bed. storage and work bench on the back end  and cabinets inside"

That looks like it works out quite well for your purposes. Very nice. Mine will be smaller. Cabinets are nice. The plans I have show how to make slat shelves (cabinets lol) light ones though, on one side, drop in floor (there is a reason for this madness), etc. 

the aluminum sheets are pricey.  btw. let me know if you need any resources to where I bought stuff.  the fuse block was a tough one to find.  but works perfect.  I use a deep cell battery and with Led it lasts about a week

32 minutes ago, Newbie71 said:

I have heard of this site. I wanted hunters/fishermens point of view. I will look into it after I get going. Saving up for the first part (Harbor Freight flatbed trailer & body of camper).

the only problem with the harbor freight trailer was the weight tolerance.  I thought about that when I started and decide to find an old flatbed trailer on craigslist that I could modify and increase leaf springs to handle more weight

just fyi

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, andrewmilich said:

the only problem with the harbor freight trailer was the weight tolerance.  I thought about that when I started and decide to find an old flatbed trailer on craigslist that I could modify and increase leaf springs to handle more weight

just fyi

When I get to the aluminum I may ask about where to get them. Everything is a little bit more expensive right now. Didn't think about Craigslist. All I need is a 4x8 flatbed. I know of a company that makes aluminum trailers specially built for their teardrop campers/kits. Backordered so they take about 5 months to deliver. Didn't check the price but their teardrop kits are out of my price range. Of course, building one may end more expensive in the long run but...at least it will be tailored made to my specs. And, I can take my time. lol

• Like 1