Newbie71

Teardrop Trailer for hunting/fishing?

Does anyone use a teardrop trailer for hunting/fishing? If you do, what type of cooler do you use & where do you keep it?

I will be building one soon for fishing/camping trips. Well, will be taking my time to build it to my specs so it will take a little time. I like to fish here in AZ. Looking into small game hunting. lol

Go to classified.  Primo.  Jumping jack trailer with all bells and whistle extras needed for caml, fishing az.  Go a lot of places a teardrop won't. Plus roomier 

I like the small hard walled trailers for one or two people. I'm not a fan of the jumping jack trailers for the price. Its like sleeping in a $600 kodiak canvas on a trailer. 8K on a jumping jack has never seen worth it to me. For 8K you can get a utility trailer for 2K, a Kodiak Canvas tent for 600 and a quad with the rest of the money.  

• Like 7

Thank you for the information. My car doesn't have 4 wheel drive so the jumping jack trailer wouldn't be good. I can tow up to 1,500 lbs. My car is a 2002 Dodge Intrepid SE. I just wanted to know if people used teardrop trailers. Still going to build one. Found some nice plans.

I will do that! On a fixed income so I need to save up for the utility trailer. Found one I want. First, I need to buy a hitch for my car & install it. lol 

If that is all your car can tow, stick to a tent and save your money for an upgrade later.  Stick to paved or really good roads.  If you take that car on a 2-track, you may end up on the news this time of year and not in a good way.  We did tow a caboose trailer (think motorcycle towable trailer) that carried our tent and camping equipment all the way from here to Glacier National Park with a Chevy Cadavelier (daughter has it now in Montana and still runs well in the summer).  Fuel economy suffered and we have gotten a lot smarter.  Those cars are really not meant to tow.  By the time you add all the weight of the schtuff you think you have to have, the car WILL be overloaded.  

Hmmm...All I really need are my fishing poles, my small low to the ground chair, a tackle box, cooler, pillow, blanket, a couple of extra sets of clothes, a little food, water. I plan on doing the bare minimum but not a plain plywood look. I only drive on paved roads where I camp. If it is a fishing trip, I walk/hike to the area. Plus, I always check the weather.

In a different forum, I have read about people that do tow campers that are a lot bigger than my little camper with their Dodge Intrepids with no problem. Smaller cars with less power can tow these. 

Well, heck, guess I will build a race boat instead, unless you think I can't tow an 80 pound hull plus gas. 8 footer. Or a canoe & put it on my car.

My uncle towed one for years with a small car. It's doable just know your limits. 

• Like 1

Thanks. Tow limit is 1,500 lbs but I already planned on not going above 1,000. Maybe less if possible. Besides, I can't afford a truck, even a small one. Now, that sucks.

I just get frustrated when people tell me I can't do something. Been hearing that all my life. 

Well newbie the answer to your question is no.  Most on here have big trailers for total comfort for their whole crowd of helpers.  🤣

• Haha 1

I made this from scratch for hunting for my son and I.  works great   electric on a 12volt system.  Has light (led)  heat and cooling.  Queen size bed. storage and work bench on the back end  and cabinets inside

IMG_7024.jpg

IMG_7049.jpg

113817439_IMG_69632.thumb.jpg.a0059afe6084b5a1dd213ede3cb9bb2b.jpgIMG_6962.thumb.jpg.6535456ff18d9afb46cbcf526cb4c7d2.jpg

IMG_6963 2.jpg

IMG_6962.jpg

• Like 4