Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Scoutguard 550 trail cams are in!

Selling unethical electronic devices??? :lol: :lol: , Just kiddin! I will be purchasing one of these from you along with a few other items in the near future I just have to get the fall hunting budget figured out first. :)

They are very nice cameras and take some of the clearest photos I have seen a trail camera take. Do you have any of the cammo ones.

They are very nice cameras and take some of the clearest photos I have seen a trail camera take. Do you have any of the cammo ones.

I can't get the camo ones until sometime in Sept I think. Apparently scoutguard let one dealer control those for awhile, but that runs out in Sept (if I remember right). So I plan to carry them. They are a little more expensive though. And you can camo this one up with camo tape cheaper. But the camo ones do look really cool!

Amanda

These are pretty neat rigs. I get great picture quality and they are really small. The tast time i had it out it took almost 900 pics on 8 AA's. No blank pics, no white outs, no problems, just great pics. I am really happy with mine. The video is really good. I dont have any vids of critters yet. I wast trying to see when the elk were rubbing so i wanted the batteries to last as long as possible. I did mess around at home with some vids and i was very impressed. here is the link with some sample pics http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...mp;#entry107673

The only downside i have found is that the elk love the smell, or maybe hate it of the cam/lock box. I honestly think they would have eaten it. THey gnawed the powdercoat off the lock box.

How long can you keep them out? Is the video low res or high resolution? If it set to video how long will it last? I don't take very many pictures with mine. I prefer the video. I am interested in buying one, I almost bought a camera last night. But would rather buy one here.

I think mine lasted around two weeks on the 900 pics. I think it all depends on your "reset" setting and how long the vids are. I havent played with the video function enough yet. Youtube has abunch of clips up just do a search for sg550 or scoutguard. they are pretty impressive

Did you go get it after two weeks? Or the bateries were dead after two weeks. I need something I can leave out for one to three months.

Amanda,

You need to get on HCO about getting you listed as a dealer! Especially after they just issued that nasty press release!

Dear distributors/dealers/resellers/users,

We, HuntingCamOnline (HCO), are the exclusive supplier of ScoutGuard™ hunting cameras in the United States of America. We also have the exclusive right to use the ScoutGuard™ trademark in United States of America.

Accordingly, any distributors, dealers, or resellers of ScoutGuard™ hunting cameras in the United States shall get our authorization and obtain the aforementioned products distributed by us. We are therefore responsible to help maintain consistent product quality and satisfactory after-sale service.

Only the cameras bought from our authorized distributors/dealers/resellers are eligible for our one-year manufacturer warranty.

Any entities who sell ScoutGuard™ SG550 hunting cameras or use ScoutGuard™ Trademark in the United States of America without our authorization are in violation of one or more of the U.S. exclusive rights and copyright laws. We urge you to cease all unauthorized sales activities immediately.

We reserve our rights to pursue further legal actions for any damages or losses caused by unlawful actions related to this exclusive distributorship agreement.

Best regards,

HuntingCamOnline (HCO)

Did you go get it after two weeks? Or the bateries were dead after two weeks. I need something I can leave out for one to three months.

It died after two weeks. THe last pic was taken the evening befor i got it. I think its gonna be hard to get a cam to last 3 months on regular alkaline batteries. My best luck for that length has been with wildview cams using interstate workaholic c batteries and i can usually streach it about 2 months. I have a solar rig for extended stays on one of my wildviews. It has been out since early march without incident.

Amanda,

You need to get on HCO about getting you listed as a dealer! Especially after they just issued that nasty press release!

I guess so. Apparently Scoutguard USA, which was the authorized dealer I got the cameras from, had authorization directly from Scoutguard. But now another company has bought the trademark in the US and so things have changed. But they assure me all cameras from them have the full one year warranty.

I will contact HCO in the morning about getting listed as a dealer with them now.

Amanda