Couestracker

Wyoming help needed

I drew unit 57 type 2 for antelope. Anyone here hunted there? Wondering about how much access there is to hunt and camp. Any input would be appreciated.

Call the game and fish, the lady's up there are awesome they'll let you know about applying for tresspass permits, public land access, and anything else you need. Very user friendly unlike other states I live in I mean out there.

• Like 1

Just now, wildwoody said:

Call the game and fish, the lady's up there are awesome they'll let you know about applying for tresspass permits, public land access, and anything else you need. Very user friendly unlike other states I live in I mean out there.

Thanks WW!

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 4:44 PM, wildwoody said:

I've called a few times, NOT helpful at all. Ordered some maps from them, loaded OnX to my phone, going scouting in a couple of weeks.

Congrats on the tag.  Keep me in the loop on how that goes.  Do you have to apply for access to all thay oil and gas checkerboard stuff?  I hunted 61 a few years back and just slept in the truck on the BLM.  

3 hours ago, Couestracker said:

I've called a few times, NOT helpful at all. Ordered some maps from them, loaded OnX to my phone, going scouting in a couple of weeks.

Dam sorry to here, I know getting ready to apply for the access permits, he always call when he does that, I see how they act.  

19 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Dam sorry to here, I know getting ready to apply for the access permits, he always call when he does that, I see how they act.  

Say what? Could you please rephrase that, have no idea what you meant.

Ya makes no sense. I meant sorry to hear there being difficult,  my dad got drawn and is getting ready to apply for the tresspass/access permits , when he does he always calls the Wyoming game and fish. So normally he says there the most helpful people and say they like the out of state hunters. Your were saying they were not so polite I guess. So I want to see how he gets treated. May be a new frame of mind over there. Hopefully alot better.