Sign in to follow this  
TAM

Found a Cuddeback

I found a Cuddeback on a dirt tank today. If it's yours you'll be happy to know that I didn't steal it, I didn't steal the memory card, I didn't take out the memory card and look at all the pictures, in fact I didn't even touch the camera at all. I just paused for a picture and left it alone!

Good luck to you!

I pulled my cudde off a dirt tank because of the long weekend and then had hunters walk in while on stand. I'm thinking I made the right call (only able to hunt one day).

What kind of person does it take to steal? I don't assume crack addicts are hanging out in the sticks. Why would a hunter steal from another hunter. In a past discussion, people talked about hikers, hunters, and or tree huggers. Who's responsible for all these thefts.

I can't believe a hunter would steal, but honestly they have the most access to cams. I going to assume the thiefs are among us. Can't wait til somebody gets caught and identified. Has it happened yet to anyone's knowledge?

I pulled my cudde off a dirt tank because of the long weekend and then had hunters walk in while on stand. I'm thinking I made the right call (only able to hunt one day).

What kind of person does it take to steal? I don't assume crack addicts are hanging out in the sticks. Why would a hunter steal from another hunter. In a past discussion, people talked about hikers, hunters, and or tree huggers. Who's responsible for all these thefts.

I can't believe a hunter would steal, but honestly they have the most access to cams. I going to assume the thiefs are among us. Can't wait til somebody gets caught and identified. Has it happened yet to anyone's knowledge?

To me it is stealing, but is it illegal for someone to take your camera if you leave it on public property? If you some how knew the person that stole it what could you do LEGALly. I KNOW ABOUT FRONTIER JUSTICE!!!!!I really think you could not even have them arrested if you left your camera on public land. Am I right about this.

Bob

PS I bet over 90% of the thefts are done by so called "hunters".

I should hope it is still stealing if I leave something I own on public property and someone takes it. I leave my truck on public land when I go out in the morning to hunt. Does that mean that someone can just come and take it because I left it? What about my tent and camp equipment?

What you're saying is just a cheap rationalization that dirty scum use to make them feel better about taking something that isn't theirs. If it's not yours don't mess with it!

YES IT'S STILL STEALING!

I think your way off Bob, I'm going to have to go with TAM on this one. The list of plausible thefts would go on forever if your theory had any truth to it.

Bottom line, a thief is a big ol' POS.

I hope I never feel the pain of a stolen cam. Already felt that pain with a brand new treestand.

Justin

To me it is stealing, but is it illegal for someone to take your camera if you leave it on public property? If you some how knew the person that stole it what could you do LEGALly. I KNOW ABOUT FRONTIER JUSTICE!!!!!I really think you could not even have them arrested if you left your camera on public land. Am I right about this.

Bob

There was recently a man and wife prosecuted in Gila county for vandalizing a trail camera. They walked up to it and smashed it with sticks and rocks. They must not have been able to get it open because there were several pictures of them doing it. They even posed while making faces at the camera. At any rate, they were ordered to pay restitution to the owner!

Great post, I don't own a cuddeback, but please leave my moultrie cams alone!

I'm no expert on the law, but I believe that if you find something worth more than $100 dollars and you want to keep it you are required to turn it in to the police departement (like lost and found) and wait for someone to be able to collect their lost property. There is a waiting period, and after that if it goes unclaimed they will return it to the finder?

I might be wrong on this, but the way I understand it you can't take anyting that you find (even cash) worth more than a specific amount, no matter where its found, public land or not. If the owner can prove that the item is theirs, and you don't turn it in, then you can be prosecuted for stealing.

Bob

There was recently a man and wife prosecuted in Gila county for vandalizing a trail camera. They walked up to it and smashed it with sticks and rocks. They must not have been able to get it open because there were several pictures of them doing it. They even posed while making faces at the camera. At any rate, they were ordered to pay restitution to the owner!

Heard about that a while ago. Good to see those losers get nailed.

Sure amazes me how someone who is from that community would go out and do that crap.

Bob

Sure amazes me how someone who is from that community would go out and do that crap.

Here's a kicker on this deal. The man that was prosecuted was assisting the Mogollon Sportsman Association with the banquet! Not sure if he's a board member or not.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

Bob

Here's a kicker on this deal. The man that was prosecuted was assisting the Mogollon Sportsman Association with the banquet! Not sure if he's a board member or not.

I love the MSA! I sure hope not :(

Bob

I love the MSA! I sure hope not :(

I love the MSA also. But he was there and assisting. The victim who's camera was smashed was part of our party. He pointed out the subject to me. I had already seen the pictures and knew who he was. Maybe it was part of a community service program required by the court. I hope so!!!!!!! :(