Sign in to follow this  
Deadeye Productions

Elk Footage

After watching the video clip from SilentButDeadly(Tyson) in the SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL thread it got me really excited for the upcoming elk hunts. I thought I'd do the same and share some footage to help pass the time. I'll try to post as much as I can between now and when I leave on my hunt in 6aw. Good luck everyone!

Here's a clip of a small unit 9 bull I called in on my cousin Dallas's hunt last year.

This clip happened approx. 15 mins after the last clip. After the bull from the last clip ran off we work our way down in a small drainage that was holding 2 or 3 bugling bulls. As you'll see we were able to call in one bull and a cow. The bull comes in once didn't like what he saw and takes off but then decided to come back in for another look. My cousin had the bull at about 20 yards but never had a clear shot. No shots taken but pretty exciting none the less. Hope you guys like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQvl5i6m9XI

Sweet video!!! i know i'm getting excited it is just a few more days. small bull or big bull it's always a rush to call um in!!! thanks for sharing.

This clip is from my hunt I had in 06. It wasn't the best year as far as horn growth goes and there was a lot of busted bulls where I was hunting. At the start of the video you'll see the camera shake all over the place thats because I was trying to get my bow ready to shoot and video at the same time which is very hard to do. He wasn't quite big enough for only being the 3rd day but it was still hard for me not to take a shot at him. Hopefully I'll be able to get at least one more clip in before heading out on my hunt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDCpnIV_tr8

OK here's the last one because I need to spend the rest of my free time getting ready for my hunt.

This clip is from my elk hunt back in 06 it was the 4th day and I was calling to a good sounding bull when a little rag comes in instead. Well the bigger bull stayed back in the trees and didn't sound like he was getting any closer so I decided to have some fun with the little bull and continued calling to see how close I could get him to me. He got closer and closer until he ended up about 20 yards right in front of me. He knew something wasn't right so he started walking to my right trying to get down wind to see what I was when out of no where a good looking 6x6 appears in my cameras viewfinder. Needless to say this shocked the heck out of me! The 6x6 started heading my way and comes down right in front of me at about 30 yards. He looked at me for a minute then turn broadside walked about 10 yards to my right and stopped.

By now I realized I should probably shot this bull but there was a big problem. I set my bow down to video the smaller bull and the bull was looking right at me so there was no way I could reach down and get my bow. This wasn't the 1st time my camera messed me up on this hunt. So I had to wait and hope the bull would move and give me a Chance to get my bow. Well I got lucky the bull turned and started walking away so I turned the camera off set it down and grabbed my bow but by the time I got an arrow nocked he was too far for me to make a good shot. I was pretty upset with myself by now because this was the 4th time I blew a shot at a decent bull because I was to busy videoing. Well instead of trying to chase him down I grabbed my dreaded camera and videoed him walking away.

Well the good news is that I ended up shooting this bull the next day and gratefully I stuck with videoing my hunt and was able to the kill shot on tape. Not the best kill on video by any means not even close but to this day it is my favorite kill I've ever videoed. The funny thing is I didn't even know it was the same bull until I got home and watched the video of the hunt.

Well hope you guys enjoyed these video clips and hopefully there will be more to come after my hunt is over. If not I should be done with our next DVD by Thanksgiving and I should have a movie trailer posted by then. GOOD LUCK everyone this elk season and don't forget to bring the camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqNv9UZJ_5s