Markleo21377

Montana General Elk Help

Hey guys,

2 weeks ago I left for Montana to archery elk hunt also with 2 Wyoming antelope tags in my pocket as well. Unfortunately my trip was cut way short with a call from my wife that her dad was passing away and my boy had Covid. 
Needless to say I had to head home 6 days earlier than anticipated. I still have the opportunity to use my elk tag on the general season rifle hunt. I was hunting Northwest Montana and although it was good hunting with bugling elk it is crazy thick and not really interested in rifle hunting it. If any of you guys have hunted the general rifle season in southwest/south Montana and wouldn’t mind sharing some of your experiences I would appreciate a PM. Thx, Mark

Ive seen you offer help here hopefully that karma comes back to you.  Sorry to here about your wifes pops and son.  Hope they are both doing as well as can be expected.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Ive seen you offer help here hopefully that karma comes back to you.  Sorry to here about your wifes pops and son.  Hope they are both doing as well as can be expected.

Thx man. Unfortunately, her dad passed on Thursday morning. He was 84 and one heck of a guy. Played football with Johnny Unitas on the Colts back in the 60’s. He had so many incredible stories and will be missed.

My boy only lost his sense of smell and no other symptoms.

I came so close to killing 2 different herd bulls on my hunt but the country was so thick and steep they almost had to step on you to get a shot. Late season rifle hunting is surely not the same but hopefully I can connect as the meat tastes just the same!

Take care, Mark

• Like 2