azpackhorse

ScoutGuard rocks!

Amanda,

Do these cameras have a setting to take multiple pictures before going into the wait period? Has anyone reported on the battery life?

Thanks

I am not sure if your question is about Scoutguard cameras or Covert cameras, but essentially the answer is the same. The Covert II has a couple extra LED lights and therefore probably has slightly lower battery life than the Scoutguard or Covert I.

Yes, they have a setting to take a 3 shot burst if you want everytime it's triggered. And they have exceptional battery life. People report getting thousands of pics on a set of 8 AA batteries.

Amanda

Thanks for the reply. The reason I am asking is because I am very interested in finding something to replace my huge Moultrie cameras. I have one D-40 which has turned out to be the best option I have. It is programmable to do the burst and it will run for about 60-days on 8 D size batteries. It is a 2.5 mile walk to where my cameras are and carrying a massive amount of D size batteries is insane. Also I was looking for a smaller alternative. The only fear that I have is that hanging a $250 camera on public land might not be a good idea, but if they are small I could definitely be hidden well (unlike the Moultrie).

Have the security boxes come in for the Covert IIs?

They are definitely nice and small and more easily hidden. And you only need 8 AA's vs the 8 D's you are carrying. I have some old moultries and these new cams are just a ton better in that they have better trigger speed, they are much smaller and lighter and they have IR flash rather than regular. The covert II security cover should be coming in next week sometime.

If anyone wants to continue talking about the DLC Covert II's we should probably make another thread rather than posting in the Scoutguard thread.

Amanda