azpackhorse

ScoutGuard rocks!

I got one of the ScoutGuard cameras from Amanda a few weeks ago and got it set last week, I am extremely happy with it thus far. The photos are very clear and it doesn't take a gob of photos of nothing like my cheapy Moultries do.

I will be buying another soon!

Here are a couple of photos, day and night shots.

If anyone is thinking of buying a trail cam look at buying one of these from Amanda!

sept27thcam2124.jpg

sept27thcam2038.jpg

Brian,

The location in the top pic looks familiar from last year's pics. Another nice buck in your future?

Have you put the two cameras up together to test if one misses an event the other captures, or is too sensitive to motion?

Doug

Good eye Doug ;) There just might be another one in the area :rolleyes:

I have not put them up together in order to compare, I am just going by what I get now at thier current locations and what I got last year with the Moultrie at this location. I had 136 photos off the ScouGuard and only 6 or so that I couldn't find some kind of critter in the photo that triggered it................most were deer.............and most of those are bucks........I just posted the small ones :P

Amanda,

I have not tried the video yet, just want to see what's in the area first then perhaps try it.

scout'm,

we have pics of hard horned bucks on 2 different cams this weekend

I checked my Cam Sunday

I had both hard horned and Velvet bucks.

The smaller Bucks had shed except for a spike

and the 2 larger Bucks still had not rubbed.

I went out Saturday and did some more scouting and saw three more bucks. All 3 were still in velvet.

That's awesome Brian, thanks for the review and thanks for posting the pics as well. Any idea on what the battery life will be?

Phil

Phil,

not sure of the battery life yet, I've had the camera programmed and batteries loaded for 2 weeks while I built the security box for it and it's been out in the field for 1 week and it showed 3/4 battery life left when I checked it Sunday.

Sure was nice packing that little bitty camera way back into the hills!

Here is another close up photo

I'm using a custom1enterprises.com lock box with a python cable lock to lock mine up. I also have a regular tiedown strap with small hooks instead of the larger ones to attach the box to the tree. So far it has wirked well for me.