Sign in to follow this  
actionshooter

Declaration forms??

I have been looking for the Customs form  for declaring the items I am taking with me... (to get back into US)

I have been told I need to do this but have never needed to for Canada, is this a Mexico thing?  

Have not been able to find exactly what this is on the CBP website.   Going to chase the little deer in a month.

Thanks!

It's a form 4457. You should be able to find it online. Then take it to CPB at sky harbor and the will sign and stamp it and staple it in the back of your passport. It's to prove you owned the items before you left and that you are not smuggling high dollar or regulated items like guns, jewelry, optics, ivory ect.

Correction. Take the 4457 with all the items you are declaring to the CBP. They have too see them and get any serial numbers off the items if applicable 

The CBP Form 4457 is needed to when you go out to hunt any country outside the U. S, including Canada.

You must declare your items before you leave the country or cross the border into Mexico. U. S. Customs will check your items, sign and date the form and give it back to you.

When you return to the U. S. if they (U. S. Customs) ask you for that form you better have it.

Make sure you fill out the form before you arrive to the U. S. Customs to declare your items.

Just google CBP Form 4457, down loaded print it and filled out.

The Form, even do it has an expiration date, it never expires. Save it because if you go back to Mexico again or go to Canada, Argentina, Africa etc. you will use the same form as long you take the same items.

Your outfitter should have explained all this to you. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions, good luck on your hunt.

Ernesto C

• Like 1