Sign in to follow this  
thunderbolt

gps question

Well i got a guestion for all u gps users. I've got a garmin gps unit, etrex legend and it only has 8 mb of memory. i want to send two map sets to the gps but i'm .08 over my 8 mb limit. i have nothing else i can erase like waypoints to make room. Is there any way to crop a map set to cut off a ton of area i won't need. anyways thats my question. Thanks for any help in advance . Jerry

You should have an area by the batteries to put a memory card i think. I have the venture hc. You can only select the square areas on map source and you can't crop them. Wal-mart has the Lexar 1GB memory cards pretty cheap. Hope this helps.

the ertex does not have a memory card slot . you only have what memory the unit has . as for croping maps I dont think it can be done .

Thanks for your responses guys. It was a gift from my girlfriend so won't be upgrading anytime soon. I was just trying to manage with what i got. I've been searching the internet but can't find anything or maybe i just don't know how to word it right. Basically i want to make smaller map sets . But anyways guys thanks it was worth a try.