Sign in to follow this  
AZHunter95

.300 BLK Supersonic Load

Anyone have a good .300BLK supersonic load they'd like to share? I found a decent subsonic load with SMK 220 g bullets and CFE black. Now looking to mess around with supersonic. I saw Brunos has some Berrys bullets that are lighter grain and could be used for a super load?? Just looking for some target fun not chasing anything specific.

I bought some factory loads for mine with 110gr Vmax in them and forgot how freakin load a supersonic is!!  I mostly use my blackout as a truck gun for skunks and coons and found I had to shoot them 3-5 times with the 220gr subsonic HP’s and they were just penciling right through so I figured going supersonic and lighter would pin em down quicker but they’re borderline too loud to shoot without hearing protection so now I’m reconsidering.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

I bought some factory loads for mine with 110gr Vmax in them and forgot how freakin load a supersonic is!!  I mostly use my blackout as a truck gun for skunks and coons and found I had to shoot them 3-5 times with the 220gr subsonic HP’s and they were just penciling right through so I figured going supersonic and lighter would pin em down quicker but they’re borderline too loud to shoot without hearing protection so now I’m reconsidering.  

you still shoot them suppressed though? Yeah, i haven't put anything down yet. I just built it for fun as of now and figured id mess around with different data. 

Just now, AZHunter95 said:

you still shoot them suppressed though? Yeah, i haven't put anything down yet. I just built it for fun as of now and figured id mess around with different data. 

Yeah my blackout is technically a SBR with a pinned on suppressor to make it legal so I can’t take it off.  I was really disappointed in the killing ability of those 220’d.  Hornady makes some 190gr that are supposed to be designed to expand at low velocity but they’re impossible to find anymore.  I have about 30 left but all it takes is a family of coons to run across the road in front of me at the farm and all 30 of those will be empty!!  

1 minute ago, yotebuster said:

Yeah my blackout is technically a SBR with a pinned on suppressor to make it legal so I can’t take it off.  I was really disappointed in the killing ability of those 220’d.  Hornady makes some 190gr that are supposed to be designed to expand at low velocity but they’re impossible to find anymore.  I have about 30 left but all it takes is a family of coons to run across the road in front of me at the farm and all 30 of those will be empty!!  

Shooting the subsonic suppressed rounds is pretty dang fun though.  

• Like 1

I load both the 110vmax and 125sst for my 10.5 SBR. Both shoot ridiculously accurate and knock down every pred I have shot them at including a lion. I have a little more confidence in the 110vmax due to better expansion. 

The go to powder for supersonic blk used to be H110 in the 17-18gr range. Maybe there are new powders and loads but that is what I have been using for many many years. 

I also load 220s and 190s for subsonic. AA1680 and lil'gun. A pound will last FOREVER.

1 hour ago, AzDiamondHeat said:

I load both the 110vmax and 125sst for my 10.5 SBR. Both shoot ridiculously accurate and knock down every pred I have shot them at including a lion. I have a little more confidence in the 110vmax due to better expansion. 

The go to powder for supersonic blk used to be H110 in the 17-18gr range. Maybe there are new powders and loads but that is what I have been using for many many years. 

I also load 220s and 190s for subsonic. AA1680 and lil'gun. A pound will last FOREVER.

I saw some H110 for sale. Maybe I will give it a rip. Im not super concerned with performance at this point just wanting to screw around but its good to know it can perform. CFE BLK is going to last forever as well. 

Anybody ever mess with the 220 BTHP to get them to expand more?  I’ve wondered if I could cut the tips off or something?  Might make them supersonic I guess if I lighten them up to much. 

I use the 110GR Vmax and H110. 10.5" barrel. I'm still deciding on what suppressor, but it definitely needs one. I have a blast defuser on it but still obnoxious. I cant remember exactly my load, but I can dig it up when I get home Friday. I know its on the lighter side for what the round can do.  My barrel is a 1 in 7" and is very accurate for what it is. I have his and hers and both are an absolute blast. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ctafoya said:

I use the 110GR Vmax and H110. 10.5" barrel. I'm still deciding on what suppressor, but it definitely needs one. I have a blast defuser on it but still obnoxious. I cant remember exactly my load, but I can dig it up when I get home Friday. I know its on the lighter side for what the round can do.  My barrel is a 1 in 7" and is very accurate for what it is. I have his and hers and both are an absolute blast. 

Yeah if you don’t mind digging it up that would be killer. 

I know suppressors are so opinionated from each guy but look into Rex Silentium, that’s what I run on mine and it has done super well. Doesn’t cost an arm and a leg either. 

14 hours ago, yotebuster said:

Anybody ever mess with the 220 BTHP to get them to expand more?  I’ve wondered if I could cut the tips off or something?  Might make them supersonic I guess if I lighten them up to much. 

I've seen(as you probably have) them cut but I have never tried it. I don't hunt with those footballs so has never been an issue. I might cut a handfull this next week and give it a try though. 

BUT..... I really like that pataaaaaaaaang sound as it cartwheels into oblivion....

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 7:02 AM, AZHunter95 said:

Yeah if you don’t mind digging it up that would be killer. 

I know suppressors are so opinionated from each guy but look into Rex Silentium, that’s what I run on mine and it has done super well. Doesn’t cost an arm and a leg either. 

I'm doing 18.4 grains seated 1.48 at ogive 

• Like 1