Sign in to follow this  
newbee

Wisker biscuit

Hey everybody..I need some intel :rolleyes: , I just picked up a wisker biscuit and need to know what kinda vanes I should be using,cause It ate mine up-

...I like the rest , but it was just an afternoon (6 hrs) and they are toast (mind you the vanes are not anything special)

so who uses it and what works

thanks newbee..

I use feathers with mine and it works well. I think PSE just came out with some new vanes that are made just for the Bisquit.

If you tell shop you get your arrows from that you are using that rest, they can put a little extra glue in the right places to help with the problem.

Jeff

Hey New Guy,

Are ya sure you have the right size biscuit for the type of arrow ya shootin?

I've been practicing with both feathers and vanes without a problem, I shoot carbons. WB comes in two sizes carbon and alum. arrows.

Also check to make sure that biscuit is set-up correctly.

Good Huntin...... :D

I shoot Easton Game getters II (until after javilina season atleast) and have no problem with fletchings getting ripped. Granted my WB didn't cost $40-70 either, I got mine used from Bear Mountain. :P Everyone I talk to says that feathers work much better in these rests, but I like the plastic vanes still :D

thanks for the replies, the problem I am having is heavy warping at first I thought it was muscle fatigue ,so I pulled 2 new arrows out and was dead on...

the arrows I have are not the most expensive and I undoubtedly know the vanes are generic-

common sense (:D) says a stiffer vane

so far feathers, any one else??

thanks again

That was some good info. It also explains why my odd man out (white) is always having to be changed. I wonder what the strongest color is?

I just heard back from carolina archery products,and one of the main fletching makers they recomend is bohning-also if wear is on just one vane it is probably needs some tuning..

My white vane usually needs to be changed about once or twice a year. The worst that happens is that they will tear right about where they are glued. I guess "always" was a bad word to use in my above post, but it needs to be changed more often than the other two

I could go into a real long explanation to why you shouldn't use a wisker biscuit but I really don't have the time.

If your goal is to shoot 20 yards and under and not have the most accurate setup then I'm sure that you could do well with the biscuit. But the design of it has so many flaws I couldn't even begin to tell you all of them in just one post.

If it was me I would buy a new rest.

Here is the basics of an arrow rest. The arrow should touch it for as little time as possible. If the arrow touches the arrow rest after the first six inches then the arrow is basically slamming back into the bow/rest. If your bow is not in the same position each and every time then you will hit in a different spot.

If you think I'm wrong then go to a target event. I haven't been to an event in years but I will bet that there are very few if any archers that are shooting a biscuit. Why? They aren't that accurate. Though they are very popular with hunters. I believe they sold over 2 million last year. Then again the pet rock was popular too.

I would go to archery headquarters and ask them to set up a rest for you. They seem like they have a decent clue and might be able to point you in the right direction.

Later,

recurveman

It seems like all my buddies that go to Archery HQ have come back with a WB on their bows. But I do see your point. Are you saying that a drop away rest would be best? :unsure:

a few reason I went with the biscuit ;

the reviews I ve read on differ forums and the principal behind it-It will not fall off the rest!!, It wont make a sound , there are no mechanical parts to fail at that cruicial moment- aside from me using older arrows w/ rubber fletching (the root of my problem) I am verry happy with it I can hit bulls eye and certainly a cd sized area at 40 yrds , as well as lap arrows -as long as you practice and incorperate your shooting fundamentals w/ ea. shot you are golden-

the other is cost-for me -the price of a good drop away is a bit steap- how ever If you add that I am going to buy a Az fletch and misc Items to its 6-1 = 1/2 doz to the other. I 'll let yall know how the new fletching works.-

A drop away rest isn't for everyone. I do use a drop away but I'm very comfortable with my bow and I shot a ton of arrows over the years. I had a buddy come to me last year and ask me what rest to use. I set him up with a very simple "prong style" rest. It will give you a better chance of getting good arrow flight.

The biscuit must be making someone happy. They are selling a ton of them but I wouldn't put one on my bow if it was free. The theories behind it are completely wrong. You never want your arrow to come back into contact with the bow after it initially leaves it. Normally an arrow will only touch the rest for about 6 inches or so then it leaves the bow (except the knock is still attached to the string). This way the rest can no longer impact where the arrow hits the target. Your arrow flight is as perfect as it can get.

If your bow moves after the arrow moves six inches the the biscuit is going to move that arrow off course as the bow moves.

I guess the bottom line is if it works for you then use it. If you don't feel comfortable with it then change it. You are making changes at the right time of the year. From now until the middle of the summer are great times to make changes.

Later,

recurveman

>"If your bow moves after the arrow moves six inches the the biscuit is going to >move that arrow off course as the bow moves. "

recurveman-

HOW CAN YOU...just kidding. ;)

thats an exellent point you made and one I failed to even think about. :unsure:

well see how It goes ...

Thanks for the non-biscuit user point of view.

I shoot a dropaway that will lock into place and my arrows wont fall out. It only drops when you reach full draw. I havent had any problems with it, and it is the easiest to tune and set up as far as drop aways go.

GMM