Sign in to follow this  
Coues Archer

Archery Boot Help...

Hey guys, I'am all set and ready to go for the january bow hunt. But i dont have boots. And i want to buy rubber boots but i dont know anything about any. Just curious what do you guys use.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have never worn rubber boots.

I buy good hiking hunting boots with hard soles and that are waterproof.

Once in a while I buy a set of scent lock hunting boots.

I have flat worn out several sets of boots, and I find that the stiffer ones last longer.

I think that rubber boots are good for scent containment, but lousy for hiking.

If you were to sit in a treestand or blind all the time it may be beneficial to buy rubber boots.

If you do any hiking/scouting/hunting I would buy a good set of Rocky, Danner, Browning, Wolverine, or even Cabelas waterproof boots with some insulation if you need. The more money you spend the better the boot in my humble opinion of course. Try some on if you can and get a feel for something that fits your feet.

My .02

I've got a pair of Danner Army Issue desert boots I use. They are plenty warm enough with a good merino wool sock. Rubber boots I take it are for scent control? I don't think I want them around Cholla's. I wear a pair of Danner Grouse Hunters when it's wet.

Mark

I used the Danner Jackels durning my early season scouting and hunting. I liked them quite a bit. The sole is fairly quiet and they've help up well so far.

The best rubber boots you can buy are Muck boots. I use them when I hunt out east and snowy weather. They are very comfy and warm you would actually would be surprised at how well they are for short hikes and stuff.

I know guys back East use them, but I never bother with them. I have seen hundreds of coues walk over my trail and not seem to care. I have even had does bend down and smell a blunt that shot and not care. But if they catch any wind off me, good bye. I use scent lock booties to cover my normal hunting boots, but there is debate about scent lock. With rubber boots I would be worried that my feet would sweat, and the scent would vent out the top.

Mark