Sign in to follow this  
SwarovskiCoues

46be

52 minutes ago, AZ Free Man said:

There might be a hunt that just encompasses the superstition wilderness? 

you can glass sheep up from every road around the wilderness. most rams get killed from doing so. I've guided 3 an helped on 2 sheep in 24b/wilderness. 

1 hour ago, catclaw said:

All units have roads but the Prieta is unique in that you have to park a LONG ways from the sheep and then walk in on roads across the flats. I can't get beyond that. Sorry. 

I fell in love with sheep hunting when I was 20 years old, obsessed more than you could ever imagine. I knew if I ever wanted to really hunt a Desert Sheep for myself in Arizona I needed to play the numbers. Went on three Cabeza hunts and fell in love with everything about it. The hiking, backpacking, low sheep numbers, no water source and long days of hiking with heavy packs. I knew from then on the numbers were best on drawing a tag and had luck on my side last summer. Would do anything to be back down there backpacking in BFE with my dad and friends again. Goodluck in the draw. (im 29 years old now with half a slam 😃)

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, SwarovskiCoues said:

you can glass sheep up from every road around the wilderness. most rams get killed from doing so. I've guided 3 an helped on 2 sheep in 24b/wilderness. 

I find that interesting, thanks. Is it advantageous to pack in if someone had the resources, or are there more rams closer to boundaries anyways? 

12 hours ago, AZ Free Man said:

I find that interesting, thanks. Is it advantageous to pack in if someone had the resources, or are there more rams closer to boundaries anyways? 

draw the tag an we can talk 🤣 its hunting at the end of the day. never know. seems its very "pockety" where most sheep hangout. youd think there would be sheep all over in that wilderness. maybe too many lions 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1