Cambow

Vortex Optics Truth

27 minutes ago, bman940 said:

I recently picked up a Blackhound Optics, Evolve 5-25X56. I am very impressed and today just read a favorable review in, Industryoutsider on-line publication. This scope will be sitting on my Bergara B-14 6.5 CM. I can't wait to get it to the range. Must haves for me were, zero-stop,MOA,Illumination,Parallax,FFP, and aiming reticle. For well under a grand including the 34mm mounts, it is a deal. 

haven't even used it, checked tracking, etc? How is it a deal if you don't even know if it works well. no offense.

• Like 1

No offense taken. You are right, until a range trip or 5, one can not truly comment on anything but the glass. I can now confirm that, yes, it does work as expected. 4 range trips and the 5th to a buddy's place where I took it to 500 yards, easily. This is a big optic for shooting well past 500 yards. I would not be putting it on my deer rifle as I have had the occasion to harvest doe inside 50 yards. On my first range trip, I DID check the tracking and ran a box test of up 32 clicks, right 32 clicks, down, and then left 32 clicks and ended up back at my zero, within .5 inches. When I first stated that I was impressed, it was with the clarity of the glass and the workmanship of the optic. I am new to Blackhound and glad I bought one. I will be getting another, their Emerge 2-12X44, at this week's Labor Day sale. It'll go on my .308 Win deer rifle.