Sign in to follow this  
CanyonCountry

MARICOPA AND PIMA COUNTY SHUT OFF??? ALL HUNTERS MUST READ!!!

I'm guess there may be some that want to string me up after saying this but I don't see anything wrong with those rules. As long as you are on ROADS your fine. Numbered Forest Service roads, named roads, what every, it sounds like they are legal. I think we will all agree that something has to be done to control the off road driving, and maybe this was a step. Some may say that why must we be punished because of a few idiots but thats the way it is. We have rules and regulations on hunting, why are we so scaried of rules and regulations of off road driving.

And I don't see anything wrong with closeing some old roads here and there. I would welcome more remote areas, we don't have enough.

Just my $0.2

You can go here

http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/off_highway.shtml

and check out the true story. The new OHV regulations go into effect in January, that require a OHV sticker on your quad or UTV, but not your trucks or cars. Sounds like he was getting some bad information or jerking your chain.

if i am reading it right it looks like you will be required now to wear a helmet also as well as the ohv sticker.

I'm guess there may be some that want to string me up after saying this but I don't see anything wrong with those rules. As long as you are on ROADS your fine. Numbered Forest Service roads, named roads, what every, it sounds like they are legal. I think we will all agree that something has to be done to control the off road driving, and maybe this was a step. Some may say that why must we be punished because of a few idiots but thats the way it is. We have rules and regulations on hunting, why are we so scaried of rules and regulations of off road driving.

And I don't see anything wrong with closeing some old roads here and there. I would welcome more remote areas, we don't have enough.

Just my $0.2

http://www.maricopa.gov/aq/divisions/plann...cs/p28-0802.pdf This is the law you need to read, the one on azgfd is similar, but this is the actual, it has always been illegal to drive off of the road unless you are retrieving game, theres nothing different with that law. This law on maricopa.gov says you CAN'T drive on any roads unless they are maintained such as "bladed" or paved which is a real inconvenience to get anywhere in these 2 HUGE counties. Thats the problem, these are roads that we already use and have been using forever. This will effect us hunters as well as the OHV riders who use these roads for fun on quads, dirtbikes, etc...

You can go here

http://www.azgfd.gov/outdoor_recreation/off_highway.shtml

and check out the true story. The new OHV regulations go into effect in January, that require a OHV sticker on your quad or UTV, but not your trucks or cars. Sounds like he was getting some bad information or jerking your chain.

if i am reading it right it looks like you will be required now to wear a helmet also as well as the ohv sticker.

I thought the Supreme Court ruled that we have a right to privacy regarding what we do with our body?

I believe ALL the jurisdictions in Maricopa and Pima county are required to enforce this new law and come up with their own in their jurisdictions. However, it is NOT county wide but limited to certain areas deemed to be problematic. It is a mandate from the Feds because we didn't meet our air quality standards in 2006. The senate passed this law in a hasty manner and it doesn't allow ANY travel on a road that isn't paved or covered with a dust eliminating material- in Scottsdale it's 4" of gravel I believe. There are apparently some roads that you can still use, but it is illegal to pull off the road to park so you can hunt. They are working on changing the language to allow for hunting but I haven't heard if they have passed it or not. The 4x4ers in Scottsdale wanted to lynch the city council over this thing. I guess everyone jumped the gun- especially our legislators!