07Guardian

Sig BDX Scopes?

Anyone have much field experience with the Sig BDX app/Sierra scopes/Kilo RF combo?  Does it actually work well for long range?  Considering giving it a try but wondered if anyone had any experience before I spend the money?

I have one, the 6.5-20, only hunted one time with it, killed a buck at 275yds.  Seems to work pretty darn good, easy to setup, I was shooting 500yds pretty consistent after 1 trip out practicing

• Like 2

My niece just shot her cow yesterday at 339yds with my rifle that has the BDX.  Worked perfect, pretty steep downhill shot.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, twigsnapper said:

My niece just shot her cow yesterday at 339yds with my rifle that has the BDX.  Worked perfect, pretty steep downhill shot.  

Congratulations!  

It is a pretty slick system, Sig has with the BDX. I use it and recommend the rangefinders and phone app for friends. As for the scope, shots inside 400 have a pretty big margin of error built in, especially on elk. Past 400 the errors that can creep into the system make it less reliable.

When it comes to long range, nothing beats an excellent scope and just dialing on the dope. There are many reasons why dialing is more accurate. And, while I use gadgets and electronics, I have redundancy down to paper data based on the atmospheric conditions for my hunting rifles. I won't just  rely on the scope and rangefinder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1