I bought a left over tag for 30B, went in there last weekend and hiked and drove until my dog couldnt walk or sit in the truck anymore and only saw three deer turds and about the same amount of track. The only thing I need for the hunt this weekend is the assurance that someone on this website has actually seen a buck over the last 2-3 years somewhere in the Dragoons. Your comments and coordinates are appreciated.

Legend has it that the spirit of Cochise still hunts those sacred mountains and only allows those hunters who have done their homework to actually see a nice buck. :ph34r:

I bought a left over tag for 30B, went in there last weekend and hiked and drove until my dog couldnt walk or sit in the truck anymore and only saw three deer turds and about the same amount of track. The only thing I need for the hunt this weekend is the assurance that someone on this website has actually seen a buck over the last 2-3 years somewhere in the Dragoons. Your comments and coordinates are appreciated.

You got a left over tag and choose 30B, dont mean to sound like a jerk but I would have gone for one of the 36 units. I know there were left over tags in those units. Not sure on some of the other good units, but good luck. At leased you are out with a tag in your pocket.

Legend has it that the spirit of Cochise still hunts those sacred mountains and only allows those hunters who have done their homework to actually see a nice buck. :ph34r:

Think Cochise frowns on me for just going for the cliff notes

The deer herds in the Dragoons have declined drastically over the last 10 years. I've heard the lions have had a lot to do with it.

I killed a 114 in 2007 and a 108 this year in 30b. Get on the mountain way before light , glass alot and be patient they will show up. If you see 12 deer a day thats a good day in the dragoons. The Mules have alot more deer but you need to know youre way around.

hiked and drove

Try sitting and glassing.

usually you have to drive and hike to get to a glassing spot..... :blink:

anyways, escouters suck... :lol:

i got a 30 pack of beer if all else fails. ;)

try the north side of gleeson road. good access good chance at a buck

try the north side of gleeson road. good access good chance at a buck

north of gleeson rd is grasslands and the only access to whitetail country is a private ranch. so not very easy access.

a private ranch that you can get access through. they let hunters through